Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2020, 11:04 PM   #1

Looks like i am getting the Brozz 250 tomorrow. A few questions please

Truth be told if CSC didnt charge an extra $400 BS fee and $170 for knobbier tires i would buy the tt250. So i decided to order the Brozz 250, spoke to jeff (nice guy by the way) and i asked him if i could get the tires that come on the Recon because i am not crazy about the recons color. Only $105 for both tires.

Sooooo, he only has black Brozzs in stock which i am fine with.

My question is, the first thing i am going to do is upgrade the headlight entirely. Had anyone done this? If so what dis you go with? I would like to get something like in the picture here on the tt250. Edited to say i dont think the pic uploaded but i am referring to replacing the whole headlight unit with a round LED 5.5" or whatever size you guys whobhave done this suggest. Post pics please.

Second thing i want to do right away is upgrade the sprocket and chain to get a little more speed on the highway. But i dont want to lose too much torque as i plan to do some light trails. What do you Brozz guys have? An exact link to the chain and sprockets would be helpful.

Lastly, i also right away want to do the carb upgrade and exhaust.

Again, please if you would put an exact link to the complete carb and an exhaust suggestion.

1 more thing... what oil filter number and brand for the Brozz 250? And should i put Amsoil 1040 oil in it the same i do with my Ninja 636?

Thank you guys!!

I greatly appreciate all your help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20201014-014045_Facebook.jpg (157 Bytes, 1122 views)

Old 10-21-2020, 09:00 AM   #2

Cant help with the headlight, i put an led in the stock housing and its ok. I avoid night riding due to deer so its not a huge deal to me.

i put a 42 tooth on my storm, i know some people use the 40. Your not going to gain much in speed, the engine will just run a lower rpm. These are not geared really high like the hawks were. I'm still using the stock chain after 2500 miles, only have had to adjust it once. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0068O5N5Y..._zGFJFbKA7Z3FS

I used the tt250 exhaust from car customs. the header flange is already drilled to fit the head studs. the jets that come with it wont be of any use with the stock carb but if you replace it they may work. For the most part any cr230f knock off pipe should work. It will require some mods to the air box.
https://carcustomonline.com/direct-b...al-sport-bike/

The Cg's don't have an oil filter. they have a screen behind the large plug on the bottom left and a centrifugal oil slinger internally. Just change the oil often. Use what ever you want for oil, amsoil will be fine if you want to keep it simple. Rotella t6 if you want to be cheap like me lol.
2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
1974 Suzuki tm125, work in progress
2001 Suzuki Drz 400s.

Old 10-21-2020, 09:17 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply! Is the storm 250 and the brozz the same bike?

Did you upgrade the carb?

When replacing the sprocket do you just replace the rear?

Old 10-21-2020, 09:56 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSICKthirtysix View Post
Thanks for the reply! Is the storm 250 and the brozz the same bike?

Did you upgrade the carb?

When replacing the sprocket do you just replace the rear?
The storm and brozz are 90% the same bike. Peace added a few options to it stock.

i rejetted the stock pz30. I have a pz30b pumper but i never got around to putting it on.

i just changed the rear sprocket. I cut one link off of the stock chain i think.
2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
2001 Suzuki Drz 400s.

Old 10-21-2020, 10:16 AM   #5

I went with the 17front 40rear and I like it. I also swap the front sprocket down if I need a little more torque. I still hit trails with it too. I just put the knobbies on from Peace sport. I started out with the more road oriented tire. Let me tell you I don't like the way the knobbies ride on road at all. They feel like they are steering themselves and take turns horribly. I only took two road rides with the new knobbies. I rode across an open grate bridge with them.... I never felt like I was going to lay my bike down so bad! I'm kinda mad they ride so bad on the street.. Maybe it's just because I'm used to the wider street tire? I'm going to take them on a trail today and if they don't do much better then the street tires, I'm popping them street tires right back on. If your wanting a better dual sport tire they are out there. Don't waste your money on the Brozz knobbies IMHO. Other then that the bike has been amazing. About to hit 6,000 miles and she runs great. I upgraded my carb for the typical vm26 fakuni clone. Crf230 exhaust with some modding. A must is replacing the bmx style handlebars that come stock. I'm hoping the knobbies are much better for trail riding or I feel like I'll have some useless tires laying around. They make me feel like I'm riding on a single roller blade teeter tottering side to side. Sketchy.

Last edited by Thebrozzanator; 10-21-2020 at 12:54 PM.

Old 10-21-2020, 02:45 PM   #6

Thanks for the info all. Let me know how you like the knobby tires.

Old 10-23-2020, 08:07 PM   #7

Ok so an update on the knobbies..... Garbage The stock road tires did just as good and they are ten times better for the road trip to the trail. So for $115 plus $70 shpping it's not worth it at allllll. Get yourself some of the one's recommend by PeaceSports on the Bashan Facebook page. Probably cheaper too lol I know your getting yours sent with your bike but anyone who pays that much for shipping is crazy..... Me!

Old 10-25-2020, 02:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebrozzanator View Post
Ok so an update on the knobbies..... Garbage The stock road tires did just as good and they are ten times better for the road trip to the trail. So for $115 plus $70 shpping it's not worth it at allllll. Get yourself some of the one's recommend by PeaceSports on the Bashan Facebook page. Probably cheaper too lol I know your getting yours sent with your bike but anyone who pays that much for shipping is crazy..... Me!
Well thats dissapointing! I tried to cancel them putting the tires on but when i called they said it was too late and now the bike is shipped. I am upset because after doing research I could have saved myself alot of money for a superior tire or just sticking with stock. Cost me $300 for the knobbys and have them put on!!

So as soon as I get the bike I guess its off to the local shop to spend another $100 to have the stock tires put on.

Old 10-25-2020, 09:47 PM   #9

I would try them. It's a different feel on knobbies, not everyone is comfortable with it.
2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
2001 Suzuki Drz 400s.

Old 10-25-2020, 10:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck9191 View Post
I would try them. It's a different feel on knobbies, not everyone is comfortable with it.
I second this opinion. I had the same tires as a std brozz on my 2019 TBR7. i now have the 2020 Brozz recon with these knobbies.

Yes knobbies in general feel a little squirmy on the asphalt but with the better front forks on my Brozz vs the flexy units on the TBR7 i bet i am every bit as fast through the corners?

Off road the std Brozz/TBR tires are just fine until you get into anything loose ie sand , gravel or loose rock then the nobbies are better.

Now get into mud or snow and the std tires are down right dangerous and the knobbies will still get the job done.

Tire pressure is key as well, with my Brozz Recon on the asphalt 25-30 psi seems fine any lower and it feels a little more squirmy but still gets the job done.

Every time i dropped the TBR there was mud or snow involved. The Brozz is much better in these conditions.

I cannot speak to other tires but i will replace the tires (when the time comes) with knobbies, maybe even try other brands but knobbies it will be.

I think you made the right decision on the tires

Old 10-26-2020, 12:32 AM   #11

not really putting them through rigorous testing in variable conditions. Just a couple hill climbs and jumps. The only reason I feel the knobbies weren't worth it is because the price you pay to have them delivered or in his case to be put on. Plus the street tires perform amazing on road and make me feel safe in tight turns. Also the knobbies were very squirrelly on the trail. Bounced me around a little more then I like. So if your riding more trails and Off-road get the knobbies no doubt. If you wanna feel safe while riding on the road get the street tires. If you wanna go all out like me get yourself another set of rims and have two sets of tires to swap out. https://youtu.be/P3HB8enJLCQ Also check this video out if your intimated by changing the tires yourself. Very easy job.

Old 10-27-2020, 01:34 AM   #12

Take a look at my web for the after market exhaust install on my Brozz 250. This was my best install over the Hawk i did a few years ago.
https://radpaul.weebly.com/brozz-and-hawk-250.html

Old 10-29-2020, 10:37 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebrozzanator View Post
not really putting them through rigorous testing in variable conditions. Just a couple hill climbs and jumps. The only reason I feel the knobbies weren't worth it is because the price you pay to have them delivered or in his case to be put on. Plus the street tires perform amazing on road and make me feel safe in tight turns. Also the knobbies were very squirrelly on the trail. Bounced me around a little more then I like. So if your riding more trails and Off-road get the knobbies no doubt. If you wanna feel safe while riding on the road get the street tires. If you wanna go all out like me get yourself another set of rims and have two sets of tires to swap out. https://youtu.be/P3HB8enJLCQ Also check this video out if your intimated by changing the tires yourself. Very easy job.
Excellent video! I feel alot more confident about doing them on my own now. Especially since all local shops in the area want $250 to $300

Im sure i will have a few questions when i get to it but ill reach out then!!

What are those two pieces with rope attached to them?

Old 10-30-2020, 06:32 PM   #14

SpeedoDRD question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musictrek View Post
Take a look at my web for the after market exhaust install on my Brozz 250. This was my best install over the Hawk i did a few years ago.
https://radpaul.weebly.com/brozz-and-hawk-250.html

Hi, I saw you installed the SpeedoDRD to correct your speedometer. What percent did you use to program? Are you happy with the results?

Also where did you get the panniers? Is there separate racks to install them?

Thanks,
John

Old 10-31-2020, 12:53 AM   #15

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSICKthirtysix View Post
Excellent video! I feel alot more confident about doing them on my own now. Especially since all local shops in the area want $250 to $300

Im sure i will have a few questions when i get to it but ill reach out then!!

What are those two pieces with rope attached to them?
Hey no problem at all. Anything I can do to help save someone a couple bucks. Especially when the task seems more daunting then it really is. Feel free to ask any questions. The job is pretty straight forward once you get the basics down. The two rubber pieces with the strings attached were rim guards. You put them in to protect your rims when your spooning the tire out �� I didn't use them in the video though.