Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2020, 12:32 AM   #1

not really putting them through rigorous testing in variable conditions. Just a couple hill climbs and jumps. The only reason I feel the knobbies weren't worth it is because the price you pay to have them delivered or in his case to be put on. Plus the street tires perform amazing on road and make me feel safe in tight turns. Also the knobbies were very squirrelly on the trail. Bounced me around a little more then I like. So if your riding more trails and Off-road get the knobbies no doubt. If you wanna feel safe while riding on the road get the street tires. If you wanna go all out like me get yourself another set of rims and have two sets of tires to swap out. https://youtu.be/P3HB8enJLCQ Also check this video out if your intimated by changing the tires yourself. Very easy job.

Old 10-29-2020, 10:37 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebrozzanator View Post
not really putting them through rigorous testing in variable conditions. Just a couple hill climbs and jumps. The only reason I feel the knobbies weren't worth it is because the price you pay to have them delivered or in his case to be put on. Plus the street tires perform amazing on road and make me feel safe in tight turns. Also the knobbies were very squirrelly on the trail. Bounced me around a little more then I like. So if your riding more trails and Off-road get the knobbies no doubt. If you wanna feel safe while riding on the road get the street tires. If you wanna go all out like me get yourself another set of rims and have two sets of tires to swap out. https://youtu.be/P3HB8enJLCQ Also check this video out if your intimated by changing the tires yourself. Very easy job.
Excellent video! I feel alot more confident about doing them on my own now. Especially since all local shops in the area want $250 to $300

Im sure i will have a few questions when i get to it but ill reach out then!!

What are those two pieces with rope attached to them?

Old 10-31-2020, 12:53 AM   #3

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSICKthirtysix View Post
Excellent video! I feel alot more confident about doing them on my own now. Especially since all local shops in the area want $250 to $300

Im sure i will have a few questions when i get to it but ill reach out then!!

What are those two pieces with rope attached to them?
Hey no problem at all. Anything I can do to help save someone a couple bucks. Especially when the task seems more daunting then it really is. Feel free to ask any questions. The job is pretty straight forward once you get the basics down. The two rubber pieces with the strings attached were rim guards. You put them in to protect your rims when your spooning the tire out �� I didn't use them in the video though.