Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2020, 04:30 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloChinaRider View Post
That sounds about right, ill look at my choke for sure just to double check. You and Jerry saying it might be too rich makes sense. Or too rich for the stock exhaust anyway. I have that powercore one. 2 Guys I know of have the powercore exhaust on their apollo with a 115 main and it runs very well. I will try the exhaust, then see if its any better, if not ill go down on my jetting, maybe to a 105 to see how it runs!
Did you figure out the issue? Ive read on here that the stock fuel lines on these bikes can start to disintegrate - perhaps thats coming into play? Keep in mind I have -ZERO EXPERIENCE- with China Bikes, only what ive been reading and researching.

How is it running now?

Old 04-11-2020, 04:48 PM   #17

Fuel line isn't likely, it would be dying if it had restricted flow.

Old 04-11-2020, 04:50 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
Fuel line isn't likely, it would be dying if it had restricted flow.
Good Point

Old 04-11-2020, 06:42 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast250 View Post
Good Point
Not fuel line, brand new bike and its getting enough fuel i feel like! But thank you! It was just too rich, I swapped tge jetting back down a little bit and it did the trick, it pulls now! Thank you for the help

Old 04-15-2020, 03:13 AM   #20

I noticed that my bike was lacking power also. I set my choke to about half and then the power was there. Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloChinaRider View Post
Hey everyone! I hope youre all staying safe. So recently I was out on a ride on my new apollo, it only has about 25 Miles on it because im not fully legal yet. I know that I should not be crushing higher speeds (40-55mph) right now because its pretty much a brand new bike but I cant help but notice the lack of power I feel from it. I do have a drz400sm BUT I love my china bikes and my bashan storm feels more powerful and responsive than this apollo and I have done zero mods to the engine/carb. I make sure to use the choke properly but even when the bike is warm if I roll on the throttle theres a bogging happening and slight sputter. I know its bad to do but I tried to get it to 50mph BUT that bog stopped it in its tracks and I didnt get past 43ishMPH. I am taking guesses as to what it could be, aside from it being new, I did swap the jetting on the main jet to a 115 which is perfect and responsive for a friend of mine apollo. I did not how ever touch the mixture screw with the brass cap on it on the bottom side of the carb. I wonder if I should see how many turns out it is and maybe adjust it because of the 115 that I put in the carb. Aside from the air mixture screw, and it being new, do you guys think there can be anything else I can do? or should I just give it time to break in properly then try to make a fix if its still bogs when i roll on the throttle when im going about 40ishMPH? thanks in advance!

Old 04-15-2020, 06:03 AM   #21

If that helped you, you're running too lean.

Old 04-15-2020, 06:23 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo250 View Post
I noticed that my bike was lacking power also. I set my choke to about half and then the power was there. Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
If that helped you, you're running too lean.
This, x2
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-15-2020, 08:15 AM   #23

After I fixed the crappy ground on my coil..it runs normal now and does not lose power..no more sputters. You also should not have to run your bike on half choke.