Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2019, 05:44 PM   #24

Now Frank, mine wasn't the only antics that happened that day if I remember correctly, that was the day you stopped strapping your prosthetic to the footpeg.
See now occasionally his foot would bounce off the peg, then get run over by the back tire. Hence sucking him right off the quad, and well under it. Normally good for a laugh. So a bungee cord around the foot and under the peg seemed like a good solution at the time.
So here we all are , Frank the girl and I , at the bottom of this monster hill, practically straight up. Frank decided he's going to make a run at it, while the girl and I spectate from the bottom. He gets a run at it, makes it all the way to the top. Only thing left to do is get the front tire back down and he's done it. Except that's not what happens. Instead the front flips on over, and the bike rolls over him. Then the bungee pulls good n taunt, whipping him with great force up n over the bike, slamming bike back into the hillside. Directly in front of the quad, which rolls over him again. Now I would like to say that was the end of it. But no. This process is repeated 3 more times before he makes it all the way to the bottom.
A lesser man would've been broken if not killed by this. But thanks in part to his large frame, and maybe the alcohol, he walked away with only bumps n bruises. Never to strap his leg to the bike again.