Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2007, 10:41 AM   #1

Please use the search feature FIRST

As this site grows, and more and more users have questions to ask, I am seeing the same questions asked over and over. If you read Frostbites "Read this before posting questions" thread,

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ewtopic&t=1293

he makes a simple request which all users need to respect. There is a wealth of information already here if you take the time to do a little research on your own. When you ask someone to post up 10 pictures of a simple adjustment, please realize that posting detailed writeups here is quite labor intensive. I always do a detailed post of my Mods, and it takes a lot of time to make these posts. A detailed post with 5 pics can easily take over an hour. Help yourself FIRST, and others will be more then happy to help you AFTER if you still can't find the solution.

Thanks.

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 05-04-2007, 11:05 AM   #2

Good point. IMHO, it is always better to bump an existing thread with a newer question if you need clarification instead of starting a new thread.

Oh, and wasn't there already a thread about this? :wink: :wink:

Old 05-04-2007, 01:00 PM   #3

Guess you are talking about me

I have no parts manual, I'll try not to ask stupid questions, in fact I'll try not to ask any at all. I do try to read and search the threads. You may forget what it was like when you were new. Yes it takes time to make pics of your mods. Don't stop, but please try to remember not everyone you show your mods to is clearly advanced as you are. Your humble, SILENT, newby. N2r

Old 05-04-2007, 01:14 PM   #4

hey red lighten up. I for one am new to computers and love to help anyone that asks for it. from what I have read you seem to also. so rather than giving us heck for asking about something that you've posted befor just point out the fact that you have. I respect you for you knowledg and helpfulness. I also envy your computer skills.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:15 PM   #5

Don't take it to heart too much and I'm sure it wasn't directly intended for you. This happens on all forums. I'd take red's post more as a kindly reminder than anything else.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:16 PM   #6

also, it's nice when a thread's TITLE is somewhat descriptive of the thread's topic...especially when it concerns a problem :roll:

titles like "I have a question", "Newbie Question", "Help", etc. make it inconvenient to scan through past threads looking for old info.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTO
also, it's nice when a thread's TITLE is somewhat descriptive of the thread's topic...especially when it concerns a problem :roll:

titles like "I have a question", "Newbie Question", "Help", etc. make it inconvenient to scan through past threads looking for old info.
now that is usefull information. it sounds so simple but I never thought of it. thanks.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:27 PM   #8

Yea, a forum that I used to frequent has a policy of locking threads with non descriptive or misleading titles/subjects. A well worded subject (think search engine keywords) will go a long way in finding appropriate threads when searching.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguini66
Don't take it to heart too much and I'm sure it wasn't directly intended for you. This happens on all forums. I'd take red's post more as a kindly reminder than anything else.
Yup, that's exactly what I meant. Maybe my post was a little blunt (I'm a Math/Physics teacher, what would you expect ). This wasn't directed AT anyone in particular. This forum is a tremendous wealth of knowledge, and the people asking questions here can help make this run just as smoothly as the people answering those questions can.

New2Riding, I'd hate to think you were so offended by what I said that you no longer post. While this is certainly your prerogative, I think it would be a loss to you, and the rest of this forum community as well. You serve an integral part of this small, tight Chinabike family.

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 05-06-2007, 07:55 AM   #10

I don't have much choice red2003. The people where I bought my bike are so inept, I have to fix my own bike with parts I have to hunt down myself, or go to a regular bike mechanic. I'm about $2500 into this now. At todays rates about 2300$ American. My first day of riding ever was yesterday.

My wife and I spent 3 hours plating and registering my bike on Yesterday. She was in tears for most of it. Came home with my plate and threw it on the table. Not the experience I thought it would be. For 2500$ I have a bike that cruises at a blistering 35 to 40 mph. 3 gears to make a left turn at an intersection. I'm not asking for your advice as you were quite right the first time. I can PM Bruce and send US cash. Then I can give much more to a mechanic around here to swap a sprocket. Simple answer, well maybe for next year, I'll have to park it till I can make it safe for the road. I'm sorry for bothering you with my problems, I'm sure you are dealing with your own.

Old 05-06-2007, 10:01 AM   #11

Send a message via AIM to willshoemaker
Quote:

Very true, but if someone is mechanically inept, they might not know what the problem is. So therefore they put it in the simplest forms like. "Why won't my bike run?" or "I can't find the problem". Instead of using titles such as that, someone (like me) who usually doesn't know whats wrong, can put what the bike is doing for the title. ie: "Bike Stalling" or "Bike dies at full throttle".

Just my 2 cents,
Will 8)

"Time is an abstract concept created by carbon based lifeforms to monitor their own decay."

Old 05-06-2007, 10:08 AM   #12

I usually dont even post problems I have more than items I might be looking for.Although I have searched (a little) for after market mufflers that would fit my bike.

I usually just post stupid pictures of projects that I'm way over my head in.

Old 05-06-2007, 10:09 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoemaker
Quote:

Very true, but if someone is mechanically inept, they might not know what the problem is. So therefore they put it in the simplest forms like. "Why won't my bike run?" or "I can't find the problem". Instead of using titles such as that, someone (like me) who usually doesn't know whats wrong, can put what the bike is doing for the title. ie: "Bike Stalling" or "Bike dies at full throttle".

Just my 2 cents,
Will 8)
This kind of brings us back full circle to the fact that someone mechanically inept should NOT own one of these bikes. That's a recipe for disaster and disappointment.

Old 05-06-2007, 12:14 PM   #14

Send a message via AIM to willshoemaker
Haha very true red. But you got to start somewhere right? I started working on all of my friend's dirtbikes for money when i was like 10 . I'd just call my dad and ask him what was wrong with it.

Will 8)

"Time is an abstract concept created by carbon based lifeforms to monitor their own decay."

Old 05-06-2007, 12:25 PM   #15

red2003 wrote
Quote:
This kind of brings us back full circle to the fact that someone mechanically inept should NOT own one of these bikes.
You got that right because these things need lots of attention and could potentially hurt someone who is unaware of things on motorcycles.

But then again they are great to learn about how things work and cheap to start out with.

Definitely not for someone who doesnt want to wrench on them.