Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2011, 07:53 AM   #1

Looks like Konker Motors really is gone.

After reading Mckonkers posts about his KSM200 with the cracked fork I did a little searching and it does indeed appear that Konker has closed it's doors. What a shame, this is going to leave a lot of owners with no parts availability and no dealer network to service or repair the bikes anymore. I'm guessing that they just didn't sell enough bikes to keep the business viable. They had a fairly big line to, from dirt bikes and ATV's to their one dual purpose bike, the KSM200.

Perhaps if Konker no longer exists Q Link can obtain licensing to sell the XF's and XP's in Canada and maintain a parts network for them? Though the market up here is so small I'm not sure it would be a profitable move for them. I'm guessing that were going to see a lot more Konker owners on the forum when peoples bikes need repairs and they are trying to source parts. It's a shame really, I've talked to both Allan and Michelle of Konker Motors and they seemed like great people, passionate about their product.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:33 PM   #2

Shame.

As you say, our market is small, but it would seem that nothing stops Q from selling parts into Canada now.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-15-2011, 01:50 PM   #3

Looks like I'm part of the first wave of individuals looking for parts/info on my recently (last week) purchased used Konker ksm200. My mechaninc who saftied it said my clutch is going to need replacing soon, so I'm in search of parts with no luck so far. I will be checking out Q for parts shortly and see how that route goes. Unitil then I will be weeping softly while riding, hoping nothing goes wrong any time soon.

Any idea what grade of oil I should be using along with quantity, for I have no manual? Any help for this newb would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konkfrantic
Looks like I'm part of the first wave of individuals looking for parts/info on my recently (last week) purchased used Konker ksm200. My mechaninc who saftied it said my clutch is going to need replacing soon, so I'm in search of parts with no luck so far. I will be checking out Q for parts shortly and see how that route goes. Unitil then I will be weeping softly while riding, hoping nothing goes wrong any time soon.

Any idea what grade of oil I should be using along with quantity, for I have no manual? Any help for this newb would be greatly appreciated.
Hello and welcome to the forums! Here's a link to the manual hosted by another forum member (and Q Link owner .
http://jamestowncomputer.com/clients/special-downloads/
A big thank you to JTCAndrew for the manual. Should help out loads for all the Konker/Q Link XF/XP owners.

The oil you want to be running is any good 4 stroke motorcycle oil. 10W40 grade. I've had good luck with the Canadian Tire stuff and Rotella 15W40 is also an excellent choice. I can't find Rotella by the litre here though so I had to buy a gallon .

Tons of knowledgeable friendly people here to help you out, any questions you have just ask away!

Cheers,
Stew

P.S. The manual download you want to get is the XF/XP english version. Same bike

Old 05-15-2011, 02:48 PM   #5

As far as parts are concerned here is a link to an outfit in Edmonton that claims to sell all kinds of chinese parts. Perhaps they have a similar dealer in Toronto?
http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...AdIdZ282081762

I don't know anything about them though, never dealt with them before but it would be a good start

Old 05-17-2011, 01:20 AM   #6

I'm sorry to hear Konker is out of business! :( However, I don't see why QLink cannot be persuaded to sell parts in Canada. :?:

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894