Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2011, 03:46 PM   #1

Well we sold it

We sold the wifes bike even though we didnt really want to it just wasnt getting used much and with her epilepsy meds I just never wanted to see her drive it on the road again.
Depakote just about shuts the brain down to the point of asking why bother, the treatment is worse than the illness.Her doctor lightened up her meds but she still isnt as with it as she was.

I still got mine and plan to keep it for a while yet even though it doesnt see much more use than hers did recently too much stuff going on the last few years.

Old 04-17-2011, 03:52 PM   #2

I am sorry to hear the news but you totally made a wise choice.

Maybe she'd enjoy and be safe on a utility ATV?

There are many newer meds than Depakote with far fewer side effects. Does she se a neurolgist?

Old 04-17-2011, 05:17 PM   #3

OHH yeah she has a neurolgist but I feel he's just going through the motions anymore I want her to look for a new doctor but that might be worse.

She cant really function like she used to she cant remember anything.
As far as I know she hasnt had a siezure since last memorial day weekend when she had three and I took her to the hospital.

She still has her raptor 350 so she's not deprived and her sister did give us that 1999 mule 2510 plus I just got my blastard back together with only nit picky things left to do to it.

I still plan on getting the ct90 and s90 going this summer for us but we'll be wearing helmets just the same. (half helmets maybe)

Old 04-18-2011, 01:08 AM   #4

I sorry to hear about the sale, TC. However, I am glad you wife has an ATV to ride. If better medications are available, perhaps a different physician would be more amenable to prescribing them.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-18-2011, 10:43 AM   #5

Sounds like you made the right move. Did you happen to share the forum address with the new owner?

Looking forward to threads on the little bikes.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-18-2011, 11:44 AM   #6

Send me a PM with your number if you want to talk.

Old 04-18-2011, 04:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Sounds like you made the right move. Did you happen to share the forum address with the new owner?

Looking forward to threads on the little bikes.
yes I did mention the site as they were looking at it, they said they wanted to do a bit of research and I told them about ChinaRiders since it is the best china bike site I know of.

I need to get my wife back out in the garage helping me put a 50cc china engine in her CT90 and she will, she likes helping/working on stuff but not when its cold or smelly from the propane torpedo heater.
Its just been so cold this whole spring, we got snow today but it's almost all gone now.

Thanks FastDoc I'll keep that in mind.

I still got my bike and with gas prices climbing I may have to start riding it to work.It's not bad to ride to work it's just that some days after work I am so tired.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:26 PM   #8

When I had a job where I could commute, I always found it to be energizing to ride home, even if I was beat.

Why a 50cc engine? Is it so the bike will qualify as a scooter?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-18-2011, 08:35 PM   #9

50cc or less for it to be a moped although they still have shifters so we may still get into trouble but I'll have them geared to max out at 30MPH or so.

I'll try it a few times this year.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:01 PM   #10

Do you already have the 50cc engine? If not, get an ATV engine that is fully auto. It even has electric start.

If you don't want electric start, I once saw a 50cc fully auto pit bike engine that had kick and electric.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:12 AM   #11

Yeah we have had two 50cc electric start 3-speed (I think-cant remember exactly now) engines and I was working on my S90 before we moved I had built this engine adapter mount for mine since I didnt want to butcher the frame.

I dont know if that mount will work but I'm going to give it a try.
I still need to strip that frame completely then shoot some paint on it and reassemble but the wifes CT90 will just get the engine swap for now.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:19 AM   #12

That mount is awesome. Much better than the dr atv one.

FYI, I may have a fully auto 50cc engine on the way.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:10 AM   #13

Nice work, TC! I appreciate your approach to stuff like this. 8)

I'm surprised that the S90 engine mounts differently, but your adapter looks factory in there. Any chance we can see the whole bike? I have an old Yamaha YB100 that looks very similar, and I've considered installing a China 90 that I have, followed by a 125 when I have it figured out.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:42 AM   #14

For some reason Honda decided to use a different mounting pattern on the 90cc engines in the ct90 and s90 etc.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:45 AM   #15

In your experience Kato, are all the China horizontal engines the same in terms of mounting?