Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2011, 08:27 AM   #1

John from Gio

I have been sending him emails without reply. This is getting rather annoying as I am trying to complete a transaction and am getting errors. He did reply initially but has gone silent. I even called their customer several line times and no one ever answered it. I see he is a sponsor here and was hoping this would prod him to respond. I see from other posts I am not alone with GIO issues.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:07 AM   #2

Welcome!

Personally, I've only had very good service from John. I suspect that multiple people are responding to his email, and perhaps that accounts for inconsistencies in service.

Not sure if this is any help, but Jim received satisfaction from Sven at Gio, per the following thread: http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...r=asc&start=30

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-02-2011, 07:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Welcome!

Personally, I've only had very good service from John. I suspect that multiple people are responding to his email, and perhaps that accounts for inconsistencies in service.

Not sure if this is any help, but Jim received satisfaction from Sven at Gio, per the following thread: http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...r=asc&start=30
I am glad you have had good service. I am only relaying my experience so far.

So by your logic it is not just John who is ignoring me but several. Is that supposed to make me feel better? If the tread you sent me is supposed to assure me John is responsible it failed to do so. If fact it simply confirmed my suspicions.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:05 PM   #4

As far as prodding him to respond, I don't even think he ever checks the forum, just advertising for him. Hopefully it all works out for you, but getting results from GIO can be a long and painful process. I wouldn't reccomend them to anyone, if you want real service you almost have to go through a dealer, but then your going to pay a lot more.

Old 04-03-2011, 01:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider
As far as prodding him to respond, I don't even think he ever checks the forum, just advertising for him. Hopefully it all works out for you, but getting results from GIO can be a long and painful process. I wouldn't reccomend them to anyone, if you want real service you almost have to go through a dealer, but then your going to pay a lot more.
I couldn't agree more. Sven resolved my situation, but it was a very long drawn out process and I wouldn't want to do it again. In the end I still have the shocks, and they're still on the beast, but I plan on tearing them apart when I get time, but I have no idea when that will be, or replacing them. I wouldn't buy from them now unless they were my only choice. I have ordered parts from Sven on ebay, and apart from poor shipping (no packing, parts floating loose), it arrived quick and was a great price. I have no interest in doing business with John what so ever.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:00 AM   #6

AS an update John finally replied when I told him I was not going to complete the sales I had won. Of course he simply replied saying the email issues were all my problem and they must be in my spam folder. They were not there. I asked him to forward all responces he said he had sent. Nothing arrived.

If he is this bad to deal with prior to sales I can only imagine he would be impossible to deal with if post sales support was required.

I will not be dealing with this this guy any further and all the "auction" items I have won can go back into his sales pool. I would suggest anyone thinking about dealing with this guy to reconsider.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:37 PM   #7

no suprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack2004
AS an update John finally replied when I told him I was not going to complete the sales I had won. Of course he simply replied saying the email issues were all my problem and they must be in my spam folder. They were not there. I asked him to forward all responces he said he had sent. Nothing arrived.

If he is this bad to deal with prior to sales I can only imagine he would be impossible to deal with if post sales support was required.

I will not be dealing with this this guy any further and all the "auction" items I have won can go back into his sales pool. I would suggest anyone thinking about dealing with this guy to reconsider.
Unlike others here on this forum I have only had the same problems you are experiencing sketchy is the polite version of what I would call him.
And anytime things don't go his way he will ignore you hoping you will go away or blame you the customer.
Stay far away from this guy and his company.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:00 PM   #8

Wow, you guys are having bad luck, i had an issue last week with GIO, about 6 e-mails were sent and replied to in very short time and even when i called, someone answered and futher helped me work through the troubles i was having, i must be the lucky one as i've never had an issue with unanswered e-mails and most replies come within a few hours.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:52 PM   #9

Might be a luck thing, I don't think I've ever gotten a reply from John in less than a day or two... With the pocketbike I think it was about 3 days before I heard back from him.