Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #1

2011 Qlink XF125?

Came across this on you tube - Looks like my XF200 But actually has Rear Disc Brakes! WTF - I want that for my XF! LMAO I didn't know they made a 125 XF? Anyone shed some light? Is this NEW from Qlink this year? Anyone know why thier website hasn't changed in so long? Anyways heres the Video: Enjoy!

Andrew :?:

Old 03-06-2011, 09:47 PM   #2

I've not seen that. Also don't sweat the drum brake. It's just fine for a 200cc D/S and will never wear out or need the fluid changed.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:05 PM   #3

I noticed the carb is Different, The rear Passenger Foot pegs, and the Front forks appear to be a more shiny finish. The rear brakes as well. As you pointed out Doc, I'm sure the drum brake will do just fine.

Andrew

Old 03-06-2011, 11:39 PM   #4

I like it! Tho....with my carcass.....a 125 may not survive!

I do like the fact Q is looking forward and actually carving a few new pathes. My China Bike Guy is quite intrigued with what's coming out....though bummed the 200 is going away in its present form.

His biggest concern is as they improve and become more 'marketable'....the price will reflect those changes.

He and I both share the same concern about a small displacement, 4 stroke, needing water cooling. (Like the new rumored 250 to arrive)
It's a trail bike and commuter! I don't want that extra maintenance nor do I ride near hard enough to need it. :evil:

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-07-2011, 12:45 AM   #5

Nice looking bike. It looks like it was marking it's territory on the concrete.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-07-2011, 07:10 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
I've not seen that. Also don't sweat the drum brake. It's just fine for a 200cc D/S and will never wear out or need the fluid changed.
Amen! The drum brake is also much less prone to lock up the rear wheel on steep, loose descents while riding off road.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-07-2011, 07:13 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ
I like it! Tho....with my carcass.....a 125 may not survive!

I do like the fact Q is looking forward and actually carving a few new pathes. My China Bike Guy is quite intrigued with what's coming out....though bummed the 200 is going away in its present form.

His biggest concern is as they improve and become more 'marketable'....the price will reflect those changes.

He and I both share the same concern about a small displacement, 4 stroke, needing water cooling. (Like the new rumored 250 to arrive)
It's a trail bike and commuter! I don't want that extra maintenance nor do I ride near hard enough to need it. :evil:
I agree on all points, especially regarding water cooling, 2LZ.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-07-2011, 08:26 AM   #8

It is in Europe some place. The little boy was not speaking English. With the graduated licensing programs that would be a starter bike.

Lots of 125s over there.

Oh, I agree with the drum brake and water cooling. At least on a dual sport type machine.

K.I.S.S.

Qlink is hopefully here to stay though.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:44 AM   #9

Qlink

I Based my Purchase decision on the reputation of the Qlink Product, so Yeah I too hope they are here to stay. I Added them on my Facebook account, and cannot believe how many PO'd people there are with the scooter and UTV products. They have NOT Changed thier website or any updates to the NEWS or anything. It's like they are in some kind of holding pattern. Hopefully, they continue to inovate NEW Products.

Andrew

Old 03-07-2011, 07:34 PM   #10

I remember Qlink's old site used to link to Qlink Mexico and Qlink Hungary. I remember the XF 125 offered in Hungary opn the Qlink Hungary site, while Mexico's Qlink site still showed the rebadged Zongshen Sierra 200 (Spud, you might not have realized that at one point, we could get the ZS from Zongshen, Qlink, and Vento, at the same time!; the Zongshen branded bikes were the most difficult, funny enough).

I think I inquired about becoming a dealer back in '06 for Qlink. Out of the blue, I got an email several months ago from the new something or another position (maybe the guy who replaced Johnny Tai when he started Bennche?!) and they showed some promising products. One in particular was the new Shineray liquid-cooled bike as going to be their new dirt bike, and a few more. I don't think I deleted that email, and I never publicly revealed it out of respect for Qlink's proprietary rights, but in retrospect, I probably should have so they would have gotten enough support emails/calls from us!

I do hope they continue to carry the XF/XP 200's indefinitely. I do think that these bikes were truly fantastic step up for Chinese bikes over the common GY 200's sold by everyone and anyone. Granted the Lifan GY-5 was a step up, and the Zongshen Sierra was a really cool take, but me being impartial to Suzuki places these alot closer to my heart

Old 03-07-2011, 07:46 PM   #11

Re: Qlink

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTCAndrew
I Based my Purchase decision on the reputation of the Qlink Product, so Yeah I too hope they are here to stay. I Added them on my Facebook account, and cannot believe how many PO'd people there are with the scooter and UTV products. They have NOT Changed thier website or any updates to the NEWS or anything. It's like they are in some kind of holding pattern. Hopefully, they continue to inovate NEW Products.

Andrew
I had one of 'their' ATV's, a 90cc Rodeo when I had kids. Outstanding little bike. I have a neighbor with the same one. He's had it for years no trouble. Andy, my Q dealer friend, had one of the giant UTV's and that thing was good also. All of these were made by HSUN, IIRC. I'm sorry to hear other people have had problems, and I don't see the little 70 on the website anymore. It was a Honda clone, the UTV was a Yamaha Rhino clone, IIRC.

The website and the blog have not changes in at least 4-5 months. :roll:

Old 03-07-2011, 07:58 PM   #12

Perhaps I am in the minority, but I wish Qingqi still marketed their bikes in the United States under their own name. At one time you could buy a Qingqi motorcycle for less money than the identical, rebranded QLink model.

I remember the QLink X-Ranger very well, Culcune. In fact, the X-Ranger is still listed on the QLink Mexico website.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-07-2011, 08:20 PM   #13

How about a Link Spud - Qlink Mexico?

Andrew

Old 03-07-2011, 08:50 PM   #14

I think the 'holding pattern' has a few reasons:

The WFC will have put a stop to expansion of dealerships and advertising

The mainstream makes are going for 300cc, 350cc, 450cc etc. in a big way

The EE3 or whatever it is called is causing a whole new consideration of all models in China, with most going for EFI which could be problematic for their designers

China itself is really working hard to ban all bikes in many cities there with registration getting harder and more expensive if available at all

Most of these Chinese companies have military ownership at the group level and that is, anywhere, always conservative and driven by more than just limited market considerations

It is possible the enduro/super motard bubble has burst as it was partly a 'grunge fashion thing', scooters are much more fashionable now in cities around the world and especially so for female riders in a changing market. very much less need for 'all the gear all the time' is also the perception with them.

As we have seen with android phones and tablets,Ii think we will see a surge of different designs and makers later this year, if they decide the USA market is even worthwhile against the hugely expanding Asian market. I suggest we watch South American countries, they seem to have closer links with China than does the USA.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTCAndrew
How about a Link Spud - Qlink Mexico?

Andrew
Here's the link, Andrew.

http://www.qlinkmotor.com.mx/product.php?id=3

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220