Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2011, 09:58 PM   #1

2007 Gio X31, re-engineered progress

X31 coming along just a few pics, as you can see my custom fab where the airbox once lived (cdi bracket), the new conical air filter(scootercrossing), 3/8" thick isolater/manifold spacer, my licence plate bracket, moose handlebars. just waiting for shocks, and michelin mh3's. I have all the plastics they just aren't shown. Shifter is from an old RD400.

It should be together around the end March, mid April for further testing. Many other mods, inferno ignition coil, E3 3.36 spark plug, new cylinder w/ piston, cylinder shaved approx. .060", 14 tooth main sprocket, casoli cdi, new hardware 10.9 and new german/japanese bearings. Total invested including intial purchase $850

Old 02-24-2011, 10:35 PM   #2

Looking good! 8)

Is that the stock intake tube? Which carb are you using? Do you think the bulge in the header is a cat or a power bomb?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-24-2011, 10:43 PM   #3

Stock intake tube, X## whatever that number is, the carb is a pz30, still need to figure out jets, as for the bulge in the pipe no idea what it is. You got any thoughts.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by astortts
Stock intake tube, X## whatever that number is, the carb is a pz30, still need to figure out jets, as for the bulge in the pipe no idea what it is. You got any thoughts.
Catylitic converter

Old 02-24-2011, 10:48 PM   #5

Gio was trying hard to emulate big 4 bikes, so it could be a power bomb (like FMF), but I'd cut it open to be sure. Cats are terribly restrictive.

I bought jets for a PZ30 at my local Honda dealer. The stock jet is stamped, so just take it in and they'll match up the style and sell you whatever size you wish.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-25-2011, 08:34 AM   #6

I'll cut it open when I need something to do, I've already had it running the exhaust sounds pretty thumpy. hehe

Old 02-27-2011, 11:30 AM   #7

Did you pull the swingarm off and service? Had mine off just before snow, everything in there was rusted to crap, bearings dry. Greased it all up, and installed grease nipples.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:44 PM   #8

I've got an old Hummer China bike that's gonna need the same service. I'm hoping that I'll be able to find replacement bearings at the local bearing shop.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:12 PM   #9

you should be able to, the p/n is on the bearing case. it should be close to this HK1812, no guarantees though.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:41 PM   #10

Rear Shock

You mentioned you have a replacement rear shock in the works - Make and model if you dont mind would be a great help since mine seems to have little or no dampening

Old 02-27-2011, 11:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by astortts
you should be able to, the p/n is on the bearing case. it should be close to this HK1812, no guarantees though.
If there are no decipherable marks on the bearings, then the guys at Precise Bearing should be able to figure it out. I replaced the link bearings on my XR250R last year, and I couldn't have done it without my hydraulic press.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:28 AM   #12

It was front shocks I am waiting for.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:36 PM   #13

The X31 uses the 167fmm pushrod engine?

I'm interested in raising the compression on mine also, will be looking for your impressions when shes up and running.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:02 PM   #14

I believe it is around .060, I needed to shim the valve train .050 to compensate for my valve clearance of approx, .001 -.003.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:12 PM   #15

You may want to get a bigger air filter for it, that conical one looks quite small, is it a K&N?, i find the cheapy filters let way too much dirt in, either a UNI or K&N is all i'd ever use.