Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2007, 09:37 PM   #1

Wife took her 1st spin

We went out in the back field (it's mowed short) this evening to try out her skills on my GY-5. I told her to just keep it in first and not go over 5k. She did this for awhile and then I told her to upshift. No problem once she asked if she had to clutch to upshift.
Anywho...
It's nice to have a bike I have no problem with her learning to ride on. Wouldn't dare let her ride my recently sold 2 stroke.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:29 PM   #2

Sounds cool,
I wish my girlfriend was tall enough to ride my GY then I wouldn't be in this hell of finding a bike for her that can keep up...May post a thread about that?
I think if your going to get into bikes or have been into them your whole life it is something that you should share with the family... I remember my first bike, Suzuki JR50 at 5-6 yrs. old and I remember my first Harley at 27 yrs. old, same feeling, You need to share that feeling with everyone...
I will find her a bike, if anyone has any suggestions, please chime in...

Old 04-19-2007, 12:16 AM   #3

Ambassador, what is yours a gy 5 or 2? maybe she could get a gy 2 I hear the seat is lower, though I don't know by how much

Old 04-19-2007, 05:37 AM   #4

Ambass--If you didn't mind a little work you could take a one of the 200cc sport bikes, preferably with the same engine type as yours, and mod it for her. Remove the lower fairing, add a high pipe, new handlebars, and some dual sport tires. I look at this pic and see a rally bike just waiting to burst out!

http://store.oohla.com/storefiles/te...0640950491.jpg

Old 04-19-2007, 09:47 AM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to TheOtherRide
Savage, that's awesome! When is she gonna be on HERE, raving about her new bike? :wink:

Old 04-22-2007, 06:18 PM   #6

Savage and Ambassador

After I purchased my LF200GY-5 last year (first bike after 7 years), my wife was wondering if she could ride. I encouraged her to go for some riding lessons at the local driving School and six (6) weeks later she had her license.

From there we looked around at various bikes and she settled on a 150cc Scooter (Bandit XC-150z). She didn't feel comfortable on my bike.

I think it's a good start for her, she'll be using it for errands and we'll be going on some weekend day trips.

I'm not sure what you or your wife are looking for out of a bike, but I think a scooter is a great way to start and the seat height would be a lot lower.

Andi

Old 04-22-2007, 06:29 PM   #7

She's not getting anything! lol
If anything I'll get her a slow quad to mess around on or I'll get me a bigger bike and she can have mine.
But nothings in the plans.