Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2010, 02:59 PM   #1

X33 new not working

Bought my wife an X33 for christmas after her 125 got stolen, Starts fine but will not run with out the choke on any suggestions?

Old 12-30-2010, 03:32 PM   #2

Re: X33 new not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott4x4
Bought my wife an X33 for christmas after her 125 got stolen, Starts fine but will not run with out the choke on any suggestions?
I've seen on a few forums that there might be a gelpack shipped in the float bowl to protect the float during shipping, about 1/2 hr of run time should dissolve it, i'd let it run with the choke on for a bit and see if it clears up on it's own, if not remove the carb and then the fuel bowl and clean out the bowl and the jets, could be some crud in there.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:36 PM   #3

Also.....I've seen, I *guess* you would call it plastic dust in the fuel tanks of these Chinese bikes, looks like the dust from when the petcock hole was cut.

There was also reports of incorrectly machined carb/intake manifolds, where the "O" ring sits, and ultimately doesn't seal up the intake tract.

A "tight" intake valve may be the problem.

Old 12-30-2010, 06:34 PM   #4

I also got my son a rebel T1 and the petcock out of the tank was sealed over with plastic thanks for the info I will start trying things and let you know

Old 01-01-2011, 10:29 PM   #5

if all above fail, check the float needle. it sounds like it might be starving for gas and the float needle needs to be "open" up some more. let us know of what you find.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #6

took the carb apart and cleaned it out drained the tank for plastics, bike still will stall when it is taken off choke, you can keep it running if you short crank the throttle but it is gasping when you give it throttle, there is no restrictions in the fuel line. will the carb off a 110 rebel fit the 140 dirt bike, my sons is working fine and if it fits it would be a good way to eliminate the carb

Old 01-03-2011, 08:14 PM   #7

The other carb will likely fit fine, but it probably won't feed the engine any better. Have you tried adjusting the air / fuel screw and the jet needle clip yet? The fact that it won't run without the choke tells me that it's starving for fuel.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-03-2011, 08:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
The other carb will likely fit fine, but it probably won't feed the engine any better. Have you tried adjusting the air / fuel screw and the jet needle clip yet? The fact that it won't run without the choke tells me that it's starving for fuel.
I agree, did you remove the pilot and main jet to make sure they were clean?, i also like to blow out all the passages to make sure they are also clear, also check the needle and seat and float for proper operation, if not working properly it might not be lettting enough fuel into the bowl.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:46 PM   #9

cleaned all passages, and checked for obstructions, no slime or dirt in the bowl and float does not stick, haven't adjusted the needle yet but will set it up a couple of knotches, it seems to be as low as it will go right now

Old 01-05-2011, 04:43 PM   #10

What does "as low as it goes" mean? The reason I ask is that some refer to the clip, while others refer to the depth of the needle.

To confirm: if you place the clip in the lowest groove, you will obtain the richest setting. That is accomplished because the needle will be lifted as high as possible upon opening the throttle, and the jet will be fully uncovered. In this way, we have dropped the clip and raised the needle.

Apologies if you knew that already.

If the clip is indeed in the lowest groove, I'd flip the carb over, remove the main jet and buy a larger one. Typically, they're only a few dollars at the local motorcycle shop. I find that my local Yamaha dealer sells the Mikuni style, while the Honda dealer carries the Keihin style. YMMV.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-05-2011, 04:44 PM   #11

I would defiantly listen to these guys they have helped me out ALOT the know what they are talkin bout

Old 01-06-2011, 12:24 PM   #12

the clip is in the highest groove or lowest position for the needle, I am going to lift up the needle and see what happens

Old 01-06-2011, 12:36 PM   #13

If the clip is in the highest groove, try placing it in the middle groove for now. If you move to the btoom groove right away, it might be a bit too rich.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:30 PM   #14

Just remember that the pilot jet / A/f screw will control the idle mixture ( if your A/F screw is more than 2 turns out you should go up 1 size in pilot jet), the needle jet adjustment will take care of the midrange mixture and your main jet will control 3/4 to WOT.

Old 01-27-2011, 05:20 AM   #15

I set the needle up 2 notches and the bike idles well now everything thing seems to be good, thanks