Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2010, 02:00 AM   #1

yup i dun gone and broke my quad

ive found a couple that live about 30 minutes away who have some farm land and have a hog problem.. i found them on cl cuz they where looking for some one to take care of the hog problem and i was looking for some one with some land who would be ok with me and one other person riding on it.

long story short, they said me and a friend ive recently made could ride on the land aslong as if we see any hogs we kill them. their reasoning behind it is atv's can make it deeper into the brush then they are willing to go.

decided to race my buddy who rides a trx 250r, race was from a stop launching the quads.. buddy yelled go and we both popped the clutch, but i think 4 hours of running the quad nice and hard took its toll. as soon as i popped the clutch the front end popped up and then i hear the motor screaming and the front end drops and i am going nowhere. no damage to the motor housing or the chain cover but the chain just got yanked apart..i did launch the quad pretty hard, had my rpms held at 3k when i popped the clutch and i layed into the throttle as soon as i let go of the clutch lever..

so new chain here i come, and my buddy has a nice drill press and some hole saw bits for it.. we are going to drill out some of the rear sprocket for a little less weight but mainly for a nicer look to it. its just going to be a few weeks untill i can go out and buy a chain but i sure as heck is not going to be one of those 100 dollar oring chains.. just a nice brand name normal chain should be tuff enough for my riding..

also very surprized at how well the 200cc quad ran with the 250.. his 250 is completely stock and we all know my 200 is modded.. he won all the races of course but my quad hung in there.. when we do the chain and resprocket, we are going to test some fitment things from the trx to my quad, like the rear hubs, rims, shocks just random little things and when we pull the rear axle out. he has a spare rear axle that we are going to compare to my china axle.

Old 10-28-2010, 02:38 AM   #2

Least you're getting to ride it some. Broken chain common as you know. Maybe it's just the master link?

I'm confused on the hogs.. are you talking pigs? Wild pigs?? Think you could round 'em up and sell 'em for the bacon at least.

Old 10-28-2010, 02:45 AM   #3

here in the southern states there is a massive feral hog problem, pretty much you can sit on your porch and shoot them anytime of year when ever you want. they are spreading like a wild fire in california, it really is a massive problem and its causing i want to say millions in damages to farm land. the younger ones you can shoot and eat the meat but ive heard the older ones taste funky. the owner of the land said that if we shoot them and want to bring one from the brush to their house he would be more then happy to turn it in ready to cook food aslong as we split it with them. so when we do shoot one where going to take them up on it

just google feral hog problem in texas, im sure you will find tons of info on how bad the problem is with them

in doing some research into them, ive found that you can take a domestic pig that was born and raised in captivity, release it into the wild and in a matter of a 3 to 4 weeks it will resort to its feral brothers.. by resort i mean, grow the course hair, start growing tusks and become extremely dangerous to come across with out a gun..

Old 10-28-2010, 02:49 AM   #4

Old 10-28-2010, 08:59 AM   #5

They have them in south GA and alabama too. Extremely dangerous animals.

For the chain. Spud has a recommended one. Tsubaki I think.