Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2010, 07:02 PM   #1

Chongqing Vin Code

Does anyone know how the Chongqing Vin codes break down? My Vin numbers starts with LHJYCCLLA89Bxxxxxx. I am told that it reveals that it is a 175cc. I have 200cc on the bike plate, MSO & Invoice.

Thanks to all.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:19 PM   #2

Actually the VIN you listed would make it a 60cc?

ftp://ftp.nhtsa.dot.gov/mfrmail/ORG5868.pdf

CHONGQING ASTRONAUTIC BASHAN MOTORCYCLE MANUFACTURING CO., LTD.

Chongqing is the city were Bashan is located.

Some Manufactures submit decoding documents and then sometimes code the bike inaccurately….other times it means the bike is not what it claims to be….not a gray market bike where that just means it is being sold outside of a contractual agreement, if it’s a copy and not even made by who it says it is, then that’s a black market bike. They do that to get bikes in under EPA/DOT certificates of other manufacturers.

Does your bike look like one of these?
http://en.bashanglobal.com/

Your bike may actually come in a version with a 50cc engine? A 2 stroke version? They may share the same frames? If that’s the case then it could be that they used a frame from one of those and that would explain why the sixth character is a “C” for >60cc when it should be an “M” for a 200cc?

The fact that you are unaware your bike is manufactured by Bashan is suspect, what brand is on it?

Old 09-14-2010, 11:32 PM   #3

I don't yet have my MSO, and according to the VIN, it is a dirt bike, not a dual sport. This may also be contributing to why the DMV is giving you such a hard time registering it. I would definitely call and/or email evosales and ask for some assistance, and keep bugging them. They state it is a street legal motorcycle in 49 states (excluding California) so they should be required to replace it with a street legal model at no charge, regardless of whether or not you already assembled it. (Can't really get a bike inspected for registration if it is in pieces, can you?)

This concerns me. I have the same bike as you, and I am hoping that I can get it registered. I still haven't received my MSO, so I'm waiting and hoping I have no issues.

Old 09-15-2010, 12:50 AM   #4

Thanks Oengus for the info!! The code does reveal that Changqong is the manufacturer. It also states that is a 175cc. My bike plate states a 200cc, This my be a problem. My bike is a Roketa DB-07H. I think the DB stands for dirt bike. I did go to the Bashan site and my bike is not pictured.

So acydrx, first off, great picture of the info plate on the bike. Did you take the seat off to take it? My plate is identical.

I did call Evo sales support which is only for office type of support. I was referred sale and talked to a person with broken english. He will send out a new invoice and MSO which will state 175cc. He also claims that somewhere on the bike is a DOT stamp. I have yet to find it. Called again today and the only person to handle the problem is the gentleman with the broken english. I guess I'll wait for my new MSO to come and hopefully the DMV guy will at least come out and look at the bike and then give me the reasons of why it cannot be registered if that ends up being the case.

Thanks again for your time to help me out!!

Old 09-15-2010, 09:26 AM   #5

The VIN as stated claims the bike is a BASHAN motorcycle LHJ represents that.

Enter it here at the National Highway Administration site and you will see that. The “LHJ” first three characters says that it is a Bashan’s World Manufacturing Identifier. WMI

http://204.68.195.151/cars/rules/manufacture/

Here is more info about how that works the VIN and WMI…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle...ication_Number

Something is not correct……there is not a listing at the NHSTA for anything with “Changqong” in a manufacturers name. In order for it to be legal it has to have a correct VIN and its represented characters must match the decoding document filed with the NHSTA accurately.

The VIN should be stamped in the metal on the steering column of the frame.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:48 AM   #6

If its a Roketa then it's VIN should begin with 5RY?

ftp://ftp.nhtsa.dot.gov/mfrmail/ORG717.pdf

It all F'D up... its Roketa....they have not filed with the NHSTA since 2005, they are also only a wholesaler and not a manufacturer, the bikes are made someplace? Where? They are not made in the USA!

The VIN should reveal that....if it does not the DMV can say go away.

If you get papers that says LHJ on it that's actually fraud if it aint a Bashan.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:58 AM   #7

Hope you paid with a credit card. I would go ahead and file a dispute with the credit card company. If nothing else it will motivate them to solve your problems more quickly.

I had heard that Rocketa had been slapped with some fines for illegal importation of some products without proper EPA/DOT certs. I wonder now if these bikes might be included?

Old 09-15-2010, 12:10 PM   #8

My Bad!! The manufacturer on the MSO is CHANGQING ASTRONAUTIC BASHAN MOTORCYCLE MANUFACTURING CO. and not just Changqing.

Old 09-15-2010, 12:13 PM   #9

My Bad!! The manufacturer on the MSO is CHANGQING ASTRONAUTIC BASHAN MOTORCYCLE MANUFACTURING CO. and not just Changqing.

Old 09-15-2010, 12:35 PM   #10

This web site for Roketa has links to the parts list & manual that came with bike. The bike pictured is not my bike. Mine is a RDZ-200 which is a tag on the handelbars. Heres the site.

http://www.roketa.com/product/produc...D=0&proID=2038

Old 09-15-2010, 12:40 PM   #11

Re: Chongqing Vin Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohahowie
Does anyone know how the Chongqing Vin codes break down? My Vin numbers starts with LHJYCCLLA89Bxxxxxx. I am told that it reveals that it is a 175cc. I have 200cc on the bike plate, MSO & Invoice.

Thanks to all.
Told by who? Who told you that VIN reveals its a 175cc how did they determine that?

You do not want an MSO that matches a VIN on the Bike that is a bogus VIN. Your MSO should say what it is, what you actually bought.

Do you have a camera take some photos of the bike...

If its a CHONGQING HUANSONG INDUSTRIES (GROUP) CO., LTD.
then the VIN should begin with LWG.

Attempt to title and register the bike, see how that goes. If it does not go well then dispute the payement through the credit card you used. It should have the same VIN on the bike and MSO. Some agencies will not look beyond that and title it. You need to know how that works in your state.

When I look at EVOSALES website they only have the HSUN (CHONGQING HUANSONG) Dual sport for sale, why do you think you have a Roketa? The only Roketa they have on the site is the DB-05 and it says out of stock. From the website the only available Dual Spor they sell is the HSUN.

http://evosales.com/pd_dual_sport_motorcycle_200cc.cfm

If the VIN on it does not begin with LWG then its not a HSUN, the VIN you put out there is for a Bashan or formally CHONGQING ASTRONAUTIC BASHAN MOTORCYCLE MANUFACTURING CO., LTD.

Again CHONGQING is a district it is not a manufacturer....Chongqing is china's Detroit.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:04 PM   #12

You may have a problem or not….the VIN as you set it out there is for a Bashan and it does not match the description of what you bought. The problem is if the agency in your state checks the VIN Codes or not.

They may just check to see if the brand and model is EPA/DOT conforming? If they physically look at the bike they may only look to see the model name and brand and not check the coding on the VIN if they do then thy will say the paper work is inaccurate.

Your VIN as you set it out there is for a 60cc Bashan dirt bike, if its etched on the frame that’s really not good, a major screw up.

Check it yourself…..LHJYCCLLA89Bxxxxxx

http://204.68.195.151/cars/rules/manufacture/

Enter LHJ in the WMI field and then click on the filling link (file name) ORG5868

For the fourth character you have a Y= dirt bike
For the sixth character you have a C=60cc

Did you find the VIN on the bike or are you relying on the MSO?

Look on the steering neck of the bike, if that is what is on it then its F’D up.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:06 PM   #13

Heres the VIN break down from link provided by Oengus.

LHJYCLLA89Bxxxxxx

VIN position 1,2 & 3 WMI LHJ = Bashan

VIN position 4 Vehikel type Y = Dirt Bike

VIN position 5 Engine Type C = Four Stroke Air Cooled Chain Driven

VIN position 6 Engine Displacement L = 175cc

Then the next letters does not correspond to Bashan code.

I must admit that there is a lot discrepancies in the paper work and the bike it self.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #14

The first Vin code at the top is wrong. My apologies for my Type-o. I can't thank you enough for your time and knowledge!! A very big Mahalo!!!

Old 09-15-2010, 01:19 PM   #15

Find the serial number on the actual bike, the VIN that is etched into the frame.

The MSO you have is not for your bike, the VIN as you stated is not for a 200cc dual sport.