Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2010, 10:20 PM   #1

20006 x-rage 200cc

Hey all Mario here from Edmonton Canada.

I got this 2006 x-rage 200cc water cooled atv made by chengquing mfg co.
Upon bringing it home I discovered that there was a lot of coolant in the oil so I started to tare it apart and discovered a huge crack in the cylinder head water jacket. So model number on the motor is 163ML does not say what brand. I am looking for parts for this motor or whole replacement engine.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:29 PM   #2

same quad as mine, but mine is air cooled. same frame, same body same everything just different motor..

try lifan makes a liquid cooled motor that you can buy parts for, as well a new motor is 500 to 700.. so you could do a motor swap to a 250cc motor..

Old 09-06-2010, 11:03 PM   #3

If you decide to swap engines, I'd go for air cooled. I have a 200cc Gio Beast that's air cooled, and I punish it.

Maybe you could remove the cylinder and transplant an air cooled cylinder and head. Is yours a pushrod engine or OHC? I have a couple of Honda XR200 OHC engines around, and I'd be happy to take some measurements for you, to see if yours could be converted to air cooled.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-06-2010, 11:35 PM   #4

ya i would go for a air cooled motor as well, unless you got your hands on say a honda trx250r engine then i would stay with liquid cooled.. but in order to do that kind of swap its going to require some extensive fabrication for motor mounts.. as well as you would need the same year model wiring harness as the motor, and all the electronics..

Old 09-07-2010, 12:38 AM   #5

It looks like that piece could fall off! Quite the crack.

I'd search eBay to see if you can find a head casting. That's probably the quickest repair.. that is if there is nothing else wrong.

If you replace the motor, I'm x3 on going aircooled.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:49 AM   #6

go 250cc sure it will cost a little more but you also can 50cc's of power, better torque, and not to mention a 100% fresh motor with every minute being put on it by you.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:50 AM   #7

Found contact info: http://www.x-rage.ca/Contacts.html

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-07-2010, 06:06 AM   #8

I believe they are the same as the Yamoto 200cc....It shouldn't be hard to find parts for these.

IMO....Good luck in getting an answer back from Doug at X-Rage....

Old 09-07-2010, 09:27 AM   #9

Thanks for the responses guys!!

I spoke to that guy from x-rage.ca in Vancouver and that was a short and unpleasant conversation no help what so ever!!!

I have a lead on an 1984 Honda XR200 bike guy is selling for $350 should I even consider doing a swap or spend $600 for new 250cc

Old 09-07-2010, 01:00 PM   #10

A big NO to the '84 XR200. They're four valve, overcomplicated overheating disasters. Look for '81 to '83 or '86 on. If you try and transplant an XR200 engine in, you'll lose electric start and reverse.

You're obviously not scared to tear your existing engine apart. Do you want to see if an XR200 top end will fit your X-Rage bottom end? Start by giving me some detail on the cylinder head you removed, and I'll compare it with XR200 stuff. Is your engine OHC or pushrod?

I wouldn't jump on a 250 yet; I'll bet that a 200 will be a better price. Several of us have them, and they're decent performers once slightly modified.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:50 PM   #11

You might try getting in touch with this place.
http://www.kazumapower.com/cylinder-...m-p-12794.html

they have a 200cc head listed but the pic is for a water cooled jug.
They might have what you need.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:46 PM   #12

Lot of choices here...$100 difference between 200 & 250
I will most likely purchase a new motor but can I use my stock intake and carb on this GIO 813 motor? I notice that that motor has a plastic intake on it already...

Oh an my original motor is pushrod type if anyone needs anything from it I will be parting it out

Old 09-07-2010, 09:27 PM   #13

The 250 might actually be 230cc; not that it really matters. Do you have a pic of the intake? You'll need a Beast-specific intake, but maybe you already have one.

I'd use a 30mm Mikuni from Gio. It'll feed a 200 or a 230. The engine in the photo is a pushrod type as well; you migh want to keep your existing motor for parts (starter, etc).

Have you considered just replacing the head gasket on your quad and using it as an air cooled engine? Who knows how long it will last.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:04 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind

Have you considered just replacing the head gasket on your quad and using it as an air cooled engine? Who knows how long it will last.
How does that work? I thought it needed the fins to pass air through to cool the cylinder? With no fins, and empty space heating in the water jacket with nowhere to go I think it'd die a quick death..

Old 09-07-2010, 10:06 PM   #15

i am looking to mabe get this motor http://www.giobikes.com/Engines-Comp...gine-4-Stroke/

also what is up with thes china water cooled motor, why are they so weak in reliably???
YTX14-BS battery mod,gy6 carb 250cc,custom intake,125cc cf dirtbike muffler,MPR filter/intake,performance cdi,ngk iridium xi dpr8eix-9,performance coil pack and wire, pro taper handle bar, Gio air shocks, yam swing arm bus