Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2010, 11:36 PM   #1

bad boy dirt bikes ???

I live in the BC Rockies, and I am thinking of buying a bike from this guy.

Seems legit, says I have to buy the bike, and a baja kit and bolt it all together. then certify it, and bobs your thumper?

I have an brilliant jobber to do the work, trust him with my life most days as it is, so why not eh?

I have never ridden before, I am 5'6" tall 200 lbs, any suggestions on which to buy?

Here is the link to his site

http://www.badboydirtbike.com/

Thanks for any help. Jim

Old 05-10-2010, 11:48 PM   #2

Welcome!

Where in the Rockies do you live?

I had a look at the link you provided, and it seems like he's reselling bikes from PR Industries. http://pocketrocket99.tripod.com/index.html You could likely get a better price buying either directly from PR or from www.giobikes.com. If you buy from Gio, make sure to buy the bikes on their online auction; the price is almost always lower.

Gio has a 250 that you might like as a starter (although it's strictly dirt). It has a 19" front wheel and 16" rear, vs. a 21" front and 18" or 19" rear like most bikes. At 5'6", you might appreciate that size, and it's a little cheaper.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-10-2010, 11:52 PM   #3

Welcome to these forums; we are glad you joined us! I have moved your thread over to the Pure Dirt Forum, so you can get more exposure, and advice, for your question.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-11-2010, 12:53 AM   #4

I responded to your copy of this topic in the registration section of the forum.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:15 AM   #5

I am only 5'6" at best and have both the x31 and the x35. I much prefer the x35 with the 21" front and 19" rear. I can just touch the ground, but it's a much better feeling when out riding and doesn't look as much as a kids bike.

Just my 2 cents with both 250cc.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:05 AM   #6

Badboy dirtbikes a joke...

Just wanted to say that the owner of Badboy dirtbikes in Port Alberni is a joke. The guy is the biggest know it all i have ever personally in my life ever met. He thinks he's just so awesome and is doing you the favor by buying this dirtbike or atv of off him. Just thought i'd let everyone know the type of guy you'd be dealing with. Sure isn't a nice easygoing guy thats for sure. He always has something smart to say and what comes out of his mouth is how it is and is right... Thanks guys...

Old 10-18-2010, 10:44 AM   #7

I find it insane that you have to pay $400 US for shipping. I bought a demo scooter and was only charged $128 CDN by Day and Ross and $320CDN for the ATV. I can ship 4 scooters for $380 from Vancouver to Halifax NS.

I realize that the exchange rate is almost par now but that is a sad way to make up loss margins on your products....

I also find it difficult to believe that you can get a set of brake pads for a gio beast for $9 but it will cost $35 for shipping to N.B

Just my rant err I mean thoughts on the whole shipping cost scenario.....

Old 10-18-2010, 10:56 AM   #8

i won my cdi from gio for 5 bucks, plus 5 bucks auction fee, then 19.68 for shipping..

thats how a lot of people do stuff on ebay and what not.. they over charge for shipping to make more money

or they list 2 of the same items.. say one for 40 bucks with free shipping, and the other for 32 with 8 bucks for shipping