Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2010, 12:00 AM   #1

Roketa Idle Problem

Okay my 2007 Roketa 200 has almost 3,000 miles on it and it was running great untill about a week ago. Now it is having a major idle problem. The bike starts with no problem and runs great out on the open road it just idles really bad and cuts out. It makes this clicking sound right before it shuts off and the idle is turned way up. I have tried removing the air cleaner and blocking the air vent with the throttle open to see if that would clear the Idle jet (If that is the problem) and it still idles ruff and pops and clicks. Any feedback would be well appreciated

Old 04-20-2010, 02:17 AM   #2

My first impulse would be to remove the carb and clean it. It's virtually free, and it doesn't hurt. While it's apart, you can check the float level.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-20-2010, 11:47 AM   #3

I'm not an expert but it does sound like a carb problem, maybe the float or float needle.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:00 PM   #4

The Carburetor is very hard to remove on the Roketa. Is it possible to clean it in place? I can remove the top cap and needle but where is the idle jet located and what should I use to clean it.

Thanks

Old 04-20-2010, 08:48 PM   #5

What makes it hard to remove? I'm not familiar with your bike, but you should be able to remove the airbox and then remove the carb from the cylinder head. It's much easier to work on the carb when it's out of the bike. You also need to have the carb upside down to check the float level.

The idle and main jets are located within the bowl. Depending upon the carb you have, they should unscrew easily once the carb is out.

I use aerosol carb cleaner from Wal-Mart. Cheap and affective.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-21-2010, 01:38 PM   #6

Issue Resolved

Thank you all for your feedback. Before digging into the carburetor I decided to check all of the hoses and lines to see if any were cracked or off. Sure enough one of the lines that runs to the carburetor and the other end to a component (not sure what it is) mounted in front of the motor head was broken on both ends. I cut the broken ends off and re-attached the hose. Bike runs great now
Thanks

Old 04-21-2010, 03:27 PM   #7

Great news! A cheap simple repair. Many of us have cohsen to upgrade our bikes fuel lines and install fuel filters.