Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2010, 06:20 PM   #1

baja motorsport 90

Any comments about this atv would be helpful,im looking for something this size,all the atv,s from china seem to look about the same,i can get this model in my area from pepboys or recon motorsports.That GIO site looked good if i lived in canada.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:29 PM   #2

As suggested by another fine member, don't be shy about negotiating with the Pep Boys manager; you never know.

The 90cc quads are all based on Honda horizontal engines (at least the ones I've seen). Use motorcycle oil in them, change the oil often, run an NGK plug and Loctite everything. You'll have a great time with it.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-30-2010, 10:09 AM   #3

My baja bike is manufacturedby hensim. Overall not bad quality. It has stood up to some rough use and always starts. It is a 90cc.

Anyway another member bought a 90cc from pep boys and negotiated a better price with them.

I would suggest making a reasonable offer. They might want to move one.

Old 01-30-2010, 07:14 PM   #4

MOTORCYCLE OIL???

What is the differenrce between MOTORCYCLE OIL & REGULAR CAR OIL?? I thought they just call for the regular oil???

Old 01-30-2010, 08:32 PM   #5

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorcycle_oil

Old 01-31-2010, 07:22 PM   #6

Re: MOTORCYCLE OIL???

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTBOY
What is the differenrce between MOTORCYCLE OIL & REGULAR CAR OIL?? I thought they just call for the regular oil???
For my buggy i change the oil often and use synthetic oil, see your owners manual.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:44 PM   #7

atv oil recommendations

if you try to find out what oil most of the chinese atvs require they do not really say too much for info in their books... but in the wiki info above this about 2 email ago.. there was this in on the 10-40 w oil

Oils with an operating weight of 40 or greater are not required to have friction reducers. These oils are unlikely to cause clutch slippage.

this would be why they ask for 10-40 w in the 100 cc and up atvs.. I know it says 10-40w because they require the extra thickness for the summer heat,, thanks for the info that was posted on my question about the difference on the oils.. I do not really understand why peopel like the synthetic oil.. especially if you have the wet clutch setup.. as they seem to change it as often as the others with the normal oil.. what a waste of oil

Old 01-31-2010, 10:25 PM   #8

oil

I like synthetic oil because it dosent breakdown,my buggy is like a snowmobile,so your lubing bearings and sprockets.I dont see the need for motorcycle oil,except two stroke premix oil.Ive owned four stroke motorcycles that lasted for years without ever being taken apart and fresh oil and clean airfilters were the key.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:48 AM   #9

I bought the baja 90 at pepboys for my 6 yr old. We're still breaking it in but so far no complaints. As suggested above make a fair offer to the manager. I got mine for $599 assembled and ready to run.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:20 AM   #10

What ever you decide to use for oil, (Wally mart sells Castrol 4 stroke motorcycle oil cheap) we are not using gallons of it, so there is little excuse not to change it regularly.

Old 02-01-2010, 05:58 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveeen
What ever you decide to use for oil, (Wally mart sells Castrol 4 stroke motorcycle oil cheap) we are not using gallons of it, so there is little excuse not to change it regularly.
I've been using the Castrol 10-40 Motorcyle Oil in my Beast the past few rides. I'm not too happy with how it shifts. I'm not sure if it's the quad, or the oil, as I haven't tried other brands or weights of oil yet. It's due for a change and I'm thinking of trying something new. I have some relatively expensive Motul 10-40 Semi Synthetic I use for the YZ I might put in there to see if it's better.

I know PCD, before his strange departure from our threads, was raving how 15-40 Diesel oil was working in his Beast. I may go that route, not sure.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:27 PM   #12

Yeah, that's what i've been using in my beast too TT, i also have some Valvoline ATV 10w/40 and Amsoil 10w/40 synthetic that i may try next oil change.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:16 PM   #13

oil

I used castrol once in my street bike,shortly my motor started making noise,when i drained the oil it came out like water.I always liked valvoline for years,now i like mobil oil,or mobile one synthetic.I recently changed my oil and used quaker state,it looks better than it did years ago,i always remembered it being kind of dark,i like fresh oil to look clean!Years back i used exxon oil,it was so clear you could hardly see it on the dipstick.I noticed many people like this royal purple synthetic oil,kinda pricey though like eight bucks a quart!fresh oil,cheaper than engine rebuilds,whatever brand it is.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:33 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveeen
I've been using the Castrol 10-40 Motorcyle Oil in my Beast the past few rides. I'm not too happy with how it shifts. I'm not sure if it's the quad, or the oil, as I haven't tried other brands or weights of oil yet. It's due for a change and I'm thinking of trying something new. I have some relatively expensive Motul 10-40 Semi Synthetic I use for the YZ I might put in there to see if it's better.

I know PCD, before his strange departure from our threads, was raving how 15-40 Diesel oil was working in his Beast. I may go that route, not sure.
Not meaning to jack the thread, but does anybody know what happened to PCD? He was modding and posting like crazy, then all of a sudden, Poof! No more posts?

Old 02-04-2010, 09:58 PM   #15

Not too sure on PCD, i did see his username bidding one day about a month ago on GIO but that's it.