Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2009, 12:40 AM   #1

Happy Thanksgiving

Or whatever You celebrate I am thankful for my daughter, And Chinabikes for getting me back on two wheels. I am thankful to be alive and young enough to still change my life. I am thankful for good friends and most of my family And also for a good football game and an Ice cold brew....You all have a good one Ya hear

Old 11-25-2009, 12:44 AM   #2

Those are all excellent things to be thankful for. How do you and your daughter celebrate? Do you cook a turkey? With just the two of you, you'd have leftovers for days. Awesome.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-25-2009, 12:46 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Those are all excellent things to be thankful for. How do you and your daughter celebrate? Do you cook a turkey? With just the two of you, you'd have leftovers for days. Awesome.
No need for leftovers! I'll just come down and help you eat! :P

Old 11-25-2009, 01:20 AM   #4

Snickers and bologna

I don't do much for the day.....We watch football and get rowdy. As far as a meal it's potluck. Bring whatcha wanna eat and drink till ya are the smartest person and most wonderful singer on earth 8O She just looks at me like I'm a fool :roll: :wink:

I am always up for another mouth to feed Gramma loves that also

Old 11-25-2009, 01:31 AM   #5

If it wasn't such a long drive, I'd join you. Especially if the Snickers are frozen.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-25-2009, 01:56 AM   #6

We're frozen...Gets cold here in november

Old 11-25-2009, 03:02 AM   #7

I'm thankful for my 7 year old son, aka my little fartknocker
He's got a little Yamaha PW50 and we ride the motorcycles in the empty parking lots at the business behind my house. I've only taken him to one off road park but his little PW 50 was just to small for all the ruts. Next summer I'm gonna try to upgrade him to a bigger framed bike. One of these years I'll take him out west where we can ride the easy dirt trails and roads. Of course I'll have to take him to the places that aren't plagued by all the off-road cops or weekend explorers on their quads.

I'm thankful for my Mom and Dad.
I'm thankful for my house, my p/u, and my fuel efficient motorcycle.
I'm thankful for this website.

If I could just find a stable job I'd really be thankful. Since I sold my semi 2.5 years ago and broke my leg last year doing tree work, I've really struggled to find a stable good paying job that allows me to be home with my son while still having benefits and a future. I had to sell my new car that I bought last year but I still got my old p/u truck thats still in good shape and so far I'm still surviving. I have some pretty good leads on a city job so maybe that will bring some stability back into my life. I was tired of paying full insurance on both vehicles so it's no big deal about the car so I'm pretty thankful I still live a pretty good little life.

Happy Thanksgiving for all those who celebrate it.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:12 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lego1970
I'm thankful for my 7 year old son, aka my little fartknocker
He's got a little Yamaha PW50 and we ride the motorcycles in the empty parking lots at the business behind my house. I've only taken him to one off road park but his little PW 50 was just to small for all the ruts. Next summer I'm gonna try to upgrade him to a bigger framed bike. One of these years I'll take him out west where we can ride the easy dirt trails and roads. Of course I'll have to take him to the places that aren't plagued by all the off-road cops or weekend explorers on their quads.

I'm thankful for my Mom and Dad.
I'm thankful for my house, my p/u, and my fuel efficient motorcycle.
I'm thankful for this website.

If I could just find a stable job I'd really be thankful. Since I sold my semi 2.5 years ago and broke my leg last year doing tree work, I've really struggled to find a stable good paying job that allows me to be home with my son while still having benefits and a future. I had to sell my new car that I bought last year but I still got my old p/u truck thats still in good shape and so far I'm still surviving. I have some pretty good leads on a city job so maybe that will bring some stability back into my life. I was tired of paying full insurance on both vehicles so it's no big deal about the car so I'm pretty thankful I still live a pretty good little life.

Happy Thanksgiving for all those who celebrate it.
Kids make everything more fun

Old 11-25-2009, 05:01 PM   #9

Yep, they bring out all the emotions, :( :? :x 8O

Old 11-25-2009, 09:22 PM   #10

Stupid Question Of The Day:

Do any Canuks celebrate Thanksgiving?

Old 11-25-2009, 09:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc

Yup! But ours is on October 12th

Old 11-26-2009, 12:02 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider
Quote:

Do You do turkey? Or another main dish? I kinda hate turkey so I I'm curious.

Old 11-26-2009, 12:31 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ200cc
Quote:
Quote:

You hate turkey! 8O Why, that's un-American! :? Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-26-2009, 01:03 AM   #14

Turkey, Ham etc for a good number of us.

..with that said, we are quite multicultural here, and everyone may have their own cultural food they choose to celebrate with. Thanksgiving also lands close to a big celebration in our Indian community, "Diwali" (could be spelling that wrong) in which members of that heritage celebrate light. If any of you haven't tried Indian cuisine I would highly recommend it. I feel a hankering for Butter Chicken and Samosa's right now!

I don't see Thanksgiving as a 'religious' holiday, but more a day to be thankful for life's blessings whether you're Christian, Hindu, Muslim etc.

I know my Thanksgiving this past October was up at my sister's place in Williams Lake, BC (about 7 hours north of Vancouver) where I did some dirt biking and feasting on Deep Fried turkey and all the fixin's! It was a great weekend. I was especially thankful to Yamaha for making such a fine YZ 250F for me to darn near kill myself on, the solid DOT helmet I wore, and for soft forgiving ground to cushion my falls.

..of course thankful for the beautiful healthy daughters who make me smile every single day they've been on this earth.

Old 11-26-2009, 01:14 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ200cc
Quote:
Quote:

You hate turkey! 8O Why, that's un-American! :? Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Spud
Truth be told, I would rather just eat a hamburger Never cared much for turkey....Maybe a deap fried one would be better. :P