Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2009, 08:37 AM   #1

This one is good. I just read it. I pasted it since most likely it will be gone soon.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/cto/1477075073.html

Re: No Latrice, you cannot have my car (Not ever)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-11-22, 1:13AM EST
Reply to: see below

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi my name is latrice and i wanted to know if u dnt sell your car can i have it because i really need a car badly! i just had a baby not to long ago and i dnt have that much money to get a car and im also trying to go to college next month so i really need a car so if you can u help me out please

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latrice, If I didn't need the money, I wouldn't be selling my Honda Accord, I would be giving it away. I have a 6 week old baby at home, plus my 2 other young kids to provide for, I am behind on my mortgage, My wife and I both have rotten teeth that hurt like hell at times because we haven't been able to come up with the money to fix them, My house is in desperate need of repairs- including a deck and steps that are unsafe to walk on, I have bill collectors calling my phone from 8am to 9pm, As of right now I have no money to buy my kids Christmas presents, I have little time to spend with my family due to working 6 days a week- around 60 hours per week to try to keep our heads above water.

So, Latrice, I don't have that much damn patience for some stranger emailing me to tell me their sob story about how tough life is right now. No, Latrice, if I "dnt" sell my car, Hell No, you "cnt" have it! Damn girl, you could at least offer the money you DO have to buy a car, instead of asking me if you can "have it". I am not the U.S. Government, I am not Barack Obama, I am not a welfare clerk, and I am not your bank or support system. So take whatever small amount of money you DO have and go buy a piece of crap hoopdie of a car, like I had to do a few times in my lifetime, and limp that crap car along until you can afford something better. I hope I have been clear and encourage you to avoid contacting other car sellers in the same manner you contacted me. Hope your eyes aren't bleeding from reading this, but I felt the need to vent a bit...

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Old 11-22-2009, 06:37 PM   #2

I am not the U.S. Government, I am not Barack Obama, I am not a welfare clerk, and I am not your bank or support system.!

Copy that.

I just spent the weekend in Seattle, a very nice place by 'city' standards (I'm not a city person, I'm country).

After class I'd go walking to sightsee and window shop and exercise. There were bums, beggars, weirdos, drug addicts and creeps on every street and every corner.

Get a job!

Hard to feel sorry for someone who does not have to wake up every morning, go to work, and be accountable to one's self and society.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:02 AM   #3

I am willing to help people who actually put forth some effort. Too many think they are entitled to a free ride through life.

Latrice probably is already getting foodstamps, free healthcare and welfare while finding cash for her smokes and booze. She is probably going to school for free too. Most likely has subsidized rent.

Maybe she is trying too, but shouldn't expect to be given everything.

I drive by local housing complex and most have a nicer car than I drive and they all sit outside and drink and smoke the day away while the kids are in taxpayer paid daycare so they can go out and "look" for a job.

I sure barack would buy me a set of new dubs.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:36 AM   #4

About 15 years ago I employed an old fella to clean up around the shop. He made sure I understood that he couldn't work Friday, or Saturday, because he was "busy".

He was "busy" alright, bumming money in front of the Liquor store, he told me Friday was worth $400 to him, and Saturday another $600.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:16 PM   #5

Wow, 15 years ago that was good money! Wait, that is still good money! I don't see how people can feel ok doing that, unless they have some real issues, but the guy you mention....

Old 11-23-2009, 12:52 PM   #6

Wow, 15 years ago that was good money!

When going to school 35+ years ago I used to deliver pizzas Friday ($350) and Saturday ($450-$500) in TO.

In high school I had a "planting" job (there is a certain Religion that requires a "planting" within 24 hours of death, and the hole MUST be dug by hand), 40+ years ago that job paid $175 CASH per hole, that you could dig in about 4 hours.

They are out there, those jobs that no one wants, and pay good money. Whenever my pockets have been empty (and count on it, they have been, from time to time) it always meant to me that it was time to "turn up the work", not sit back and beg.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:10 PM   #7

I need to be delivering pizza.

My job with a building contractor has dried up, ebay sales are slow, but I still have my 9-5 regular job so no complaints there. Just not as much extra money as before. The good thing is that I am home more and I have time for more volunteer oppurtunities.

My wife is going to nursing school to better herself and get ready for a career outside the home.

Can't wait. Wednesday night is a big pickup for the food ministry and Thursday morning we will get to provide for about 700 people.

Allen

Old 11-23-2009, 10:58 PM   #8

Good attitude Allen! Not many folks would look at less income as an opportunity to volunteer more.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-23-2009, 11:04 PM   #9

My ol man passed away when I was sixteen, i have been on my own ever since, No govt help, No free cars, No free rent except when the family took me in after a few bad go's at it. I have been handed nothing and hate it when I see people get so much to sit at home. And we all have to pay for it. Even if I could get a free ride I doubt I would take it, Sad what this world is coming to....If You put the word single mom in a sentence all of the sudden You are entitled...I'm a single dad, Where is all my free stuff???? :roll: ..................OK rant over

Keep up the good work Kato, You're a scrapper with a no quit attitude, You support Your family any way You can...I like that.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Good attitude Allen! Not many folks would look at less income as an opportunity to volunteer more.
That's just what I was thinking. Go do the right thing!

Old 11-26-2009, 08:22 AM   #11

First: Kato, strong work man. You keep it going, no matter what it takes.

Second: I'm a nurse in an emergency room (and your wife will find it a great career) and the things I see every day drive me crazy as a working human being. :evil:
It is amazing what we have created and allow to continue in this country by entitling people without any accountability in return.
I remember talking with a young couple at a shelter once (our church sponsored).
We got to talking about jobs. Turns out this guy was on a construction crew and worked "full-time". Got paid in cash, no taxes, no rent, no groceries cause they stayed in the shelters. 8O
Or the ones I knew growing up...not married
the daddy drove over the road trucks, over 2K/month (in the 70's)
the momma didn't work, had five kids and another on the way. Food stamps, rent, utilities all paid by the good ole govt cause she was a "single mom".
NOT, they had been together for 15 years. :!:
I couldn't get a grant for college cause my parents "made too much money" (they worked for a living.) I worked nights during school.
Bill

Old 11-26-2009, 09:55 AM   #12

I don't think I seen anyone here want anything for free. Unless its shipping.

I am not against welfare, just those that take advantage of it. Sometimes people need a helping hand to get back on their feet. That is what the system was meant for, but over the years has been made into what it is now.

Our food ministry has been really hurt. The sources are drying up. Last year there was 5 truckloads and last night we only had one. This is all donated by a local grocery store that is CLOSED on the holidays.

Anyway happy Thanksgiving.