Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2009, 11:29 AM   #1

Kandi ATV's

Dose anyone know about the quality of Kandi atv's? I have just purchased two of the 250 water cooled units.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:14 PM   #2

Kandi:

http://kandivehicle.fuzing.com/

Old 10-17-2009, 01:54 PM   #3

I had a Vbike V4SW, which is in reality a Kandi- and of the three Chinese ATV's I've had, it was of the highest quality. I loved it, and wish I would have kept it! (It was a 250cc water-cooled...but a model which they no longer make. I don't how the newer models are...and, the quality of Chinese bikes can vary wildly even among the same manufacturer or even within the same model- from unit to unit- but I have a good image of Kandi, and give it the highest rating of all Chinese bikes.)

That being said though, I would not pay more than $1500 for any Chinese bike (including delivery). Anything over that, and I'd go for used or new Jap bikes.

Some of these Chinese bikes we're starting to see with larger or multi-cylinder engines or 4x4, that cost over $2K->$4K are ridiculous. The quality just isn't there with any of the brands to warrant that kind of money- and for that moeny, you want parts availability and something will last and/or retain some resale value, which none of these bikes will do.

Buit if you get a decent Chinese brand at a good price...well...for $1200-$1500 for a fullsize ATV, they're a good deal as long as you're mechanically inclined; put them together properly, and don't beat on them.

Old 10-17-2009, 02:49 PM   #4

Thanks for the info on Kandi ATV's. I am pretty handy, so as long as I can get parts I will be ok. I boght two for me and my wife. We won't be running hard so maybe they will last as long as we need them.