Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2007, 06:06 AM   #1

170mi of hell

Went to Kissimee Prairie this weekend, dry as saltine crackers out there. Sand was the feature presentation. Four wheels were king, but there were a few moto-x. I brought my Diamo and Bombardier. I let my bud ride the quad. I went thru two tanks of fuel or about 170 miles. The bike went down twice, once trying to get out of a dried up canal (it looked like the hill climb video where the bike goes straight up in the air with out me. Lost a handguard on that one) and once going down into a dried canal.(had to negotiate around rocks and got off balance) I tried to stay on grassy trails because the deep sand was trechurous. The bike performed better than I thought it would but the quad walked on me wherever the sand got deep. The only issues were broken handguard, and the two bolts holding the rear fender to the frame backed off and rattled till tightened. I'm still running stock tires but had no problem with grip except in sand where they would tend to wander. I blazed many trails through thick brush knocking down trees up to 2 inches and got one wedged in the front disc pretty good. I can say for sure that yall dont have to worry with the brake modulators hanging out from the hubs' they are tuff. The worst damage was to my legs, which now hurts to even touch my thighs. My buddy now has respect for my little china bike, for it trudged through everywhere the fourwheeled drive had to be engaged, and smoked him except for the sand. I know that there are not alot of the Diamos out there yet, and they seem pricey from the dealers, but you will definatelly get what you pay for.

Old 03-12-2007, 12:19 PM   #2

Always good to hear about a good hard day's riding. Sounds like your machine runs like a champ. Yes, 4 fat wheels trump 2 skinny ones in loose sand or deep rutted mud, and I tend to stay away from those places with my bike, but otherwise I think you lose too much of the fun factor when you get onto a 4-wheeler!

Old 03-12-2007, 09:32 PM   #3

I was in soft dry sand last Saturday too, and I was amazed with how well the bike handled. As long as I was smooth on the clutch, throttle and steering the bike just floated right along. Give it too much gas and the rear starts to wander, give it more and it digs in. the key is to find the sweet spot.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyjoe
or deep rutted mud, and I tend to stay away from those places with my bike,
You mean you would go around this???

Old 03-14-2007, 02:58 PM   #5

it's like that in yorkshire where i ride after heavy rain sometimes, the bike goes through easy, you just have to keep going though or you get covered in mud up to way past your ankle ha ha

Old 03-15-2007, 05:31 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to chris5150 Send a message via Yahoo to chris5150
here is a video of me on the 250 zongshen dirt bike in an area that was all supersoft sand and thick mud. wish my truck was running better i would have had a blast in that too. it is challenging on the dirt bike but fun in its own way

Old 03-15-2007, 10:43 AM   #7

Cool vid man, looks like fun, need some noggin protection though...

Old 03-15-2007, 03:28 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
looks like you were haulin balls on that last straightaway....

oh and btw...

chris... HELMET HELMET HELMET.. haha....

its very hard to scoop brains off dirt.. trust me.

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 03-16-2007, 05:24 AM   #9

Send a message via AIM to chris5150 Send a message via Yahoo to chris5150
i knew the second i put it on here there would be comments about the helmet thing. in my nexy video i have a helmet. i did not realize that trubattleax's helmet fit me. as i have said before that helmet is to small ans sqeezes my brain.