Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2009, 05:17 PM   #1

how does tire tube work as far as stem

How does that work if you put a tube in your tire.I bought a new tire and going to put a tube in it(as has been suggested)Does the tube stem screw into the tire stem,never done it before but gonna try to change tire.I saw some videos on you tube and don't want to pay anyone to do it,and where do you get the balancing lead to stick on tire? thanks

Old 08-04-2009, 05:39 PM   #2

Usually with tubes the valve stem has a nut that holds it in place on the rim. You stick the stem through the hole in the rim and spin the nut on.

As for balancing don't bother. If you really want to you can get the weights at parts stores I believe or try a tire shop.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:44 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to lobo Send a message via Yahoo to lobo
Ok Ive learned about inner tubes from the guys on here and hard nocks my new tube came with two nuts on it and a metal washer dont put one nut on the inside of the rim and the other on the outside of the rim cause from my experience from doing that (thats how the guy that owned it before me did it ) well that set up made the washer keep slicing the tube. So here is exactly how i installed my new tire and inner tube hope it is some help ..... First get it all apart of course.....then i made sure the rubber band protecting the tube from spokes was good shape and no edges on the rim (can also give it a good wrap of duct tape ) I put the valve stem in the hole installed one nut on the outer part of the rim leaving it have some play and then install the other nut after all done and shot some air to the tube with no tire to get it seated then pulled the valve stem and rolled the tire on (i put a little soapy water on the bead to help the tire slip on) and then put the valve stem in and shot a little bit of air in the tube but not to much cause I pulled the tire down to run my fingers around the inside as best i could to make sure the tube is not twisted and then filled it with 25 psi front tire and 29 rear but thats on a 200 GY so yours might be different and as far as balancing guys on here and also i asked at the Honda shop where i got my inner tube from they all said that tube tires dont need balanced .....

Old 08-04-2009, 07:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
Usually with tubes the valve stem has a nut that holds it in place on the rim. You stick the stem through the hole in the rim and spin the nut on.

As for balancing don't bother. If you really want to you can get the weights at parts stores I believe or try a tire shop.
Agree X2. Don't bother balancing. hte bike won't go fast enough for it to matter. Make the little nut finger tight.