Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2009, 06:07 PM   #1

hit at 30 mph yesterday

Lady was looking into the back seat at her kids over her right shoulder while crossing the double yellows to turn left into a gas station, right in front of me. If it didn't happe to me I would believe it but this is what happened from there:

I locked up hoping she would lock up too but she never did look forward and smashed her bumper into the side of my bike without braking. At the last second I got my leg out of there and of course me and the bike flew through the air. I did a complete 360 and landed on my feet running!! Scraped the skin down my left shin and sprained my left thumb which was the last thing I was hanging on with through the air.

Here's the kicker. For about 20 seconds I didn't even look back at the bike cause I knew I would see a mangle mess and a sea of debris. I later rode away on it. She squarely shattered the rear peg and bracket bending the weld holding it to the frame. The other 10% of the energy broke chaingaurds and bending up those mounts. Some scratching from sliding across the ground. Otherwise not a shim or even a bulb out!

Oh you thought that was it? My gas cap which has always fit wobbly and leaked snaps down another notch now and makes a perfect seal!

WHAT A DAY!!