Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2009, 09:30 PM   #1

Send a message via MSN to lobo Send a message via Yahoo to lobo
2006 Roketa GY200-07 RSM need the basics on keeping it workn

Ok bought for 350 bucks and its my first bike I wanted to start small I'm 32 and didnt wanna kill myself and well I think I learned fast in one day but laid it down once and i have to replace the red plastic around the headlight (place for that cheap is great thanks) but i got the bike last christmas and put 100 miles on it riding in a field since then and wanna change the oil before i destroy the motor and someone told me that the engine oil runs the transmission too but Im motorcycle stupid cause I never owned one . I'd like to know what kind of oil to use in it (I have read 10w40 but im a mechnic and I thought that was for diesels HELP lol)so I also under stand theres a screen filter just clean it a reuse it ......well what I'm trying to get at is ........I need any info with everything starting with an oil change , I have read on here but havent seen anthing about oil changes yet but Im a newbie ..thanks alot this site ROCK!!!!!!!

Old 06-19-2009, 09:31 PM   #2

Send a message via MSN to lobo Send a message via Yahoo to lobo
ohhh yea it has 1137 miles on it so i wanna do the oil change first cause I dont know whats been done to it

Old 06-20-2009, 12:43 AM   #3

the oil is 15w40 and that should be what it calls for yes it is for diesels never fear shell rotella is approved for wet clutchs and i have the e-mail from a shell engineer to prove it, even spoke with him on the phone also the syn.rotella is approved. its really what you feel comfortable with i use rotella without problems
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 06-21-2009, 07:02 PM   #4

After 3150 mi on my 2005 Roketa 200-RSM enduro I finally have all the kinks worked out. you will have your share of the same cheap stuff breaking or falling off/ loose parts as i did. Over all its a good bike for the money with a strong little engine that wont give up.