Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2009, 12:51 PM   #1

So i took my long trip and felt the wrath of the pavement...

10 hours on the road my butt felt so bad by the time i got to my destination. sorry no pics i didnt have a camera but thought i would talk abit about the trip. my lf200gy5 did just fine on the way there but did develope a ne "ping" in the engine. it scared me so i stop quit often. i thought it was because the oil got thin. that and bad directions that took me way WAY out of the way made a nice trip for me and my little engine that could. every one told me not to take it because it was so small but it was a nice trip there. the night before i left to come home we went a hundred mile to savanna from edisto south carlina to eat with a freinds dad. while there a complemented his harley. and jokenly told him i would trade him my lifan. and other friend told him i had my full licenes over dinner. (in georgia you have a mp which is a learners for a licence and a class M which is the whole kit and cobutal most people just get there mp because the test in the pass has been pretty tough but i got easer three months back. that and the fact that i took the test on a 200 motorcycle made it easy for me.) but he said over dinner that i could take his harley home and the would bring my lifan back on the back of a truck. i looked at haim with amazment and said "really" i was in shoke im taling about a 50th anversy 1200 harley sporster. He said "sur" with his daughter threating to kill me if i wrecked it. well i was heading home and had to pee relly bad i was a hour or two in to the trip and dersided to tur off on a random road while turning the bike it just flew from under me. this huge costly bike just layed there me with road rash up my arm my shoe off in a ditch some where. i piched it up drove to the nearest bike shop borrowed tools blood all over my pants i fixed it good enough to get home. called my freids dad that i layed it down. I was about to cry this bike cost more than i would mak in like 10 years. he just asked me if i was ok and told me we could get it fixed i road the rest of the way home it a new dis taste for cruser style bikes and hate for my self but im sure it will all come out in the wash over all it was a good trip though.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:07 PM   #2

Nuts. That hurts, literally and figuratively. One of the reasons I like inexpensive light starter bikes for people. I hope he's insured and just the deductable is all you have to come up with. Glad the little bike did well and despite it all you still have good cheer. I really respect that!

Hope you heal well and fast, and in the grand scheme of things it's no big deal. A little pain and money and it's all well.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:31 PM   #3

I really like cruisers, but to each their own I suppose... Good to hear you aren't too seriously hurt.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:44 PM   #4

its a beautiful bike and road good as long as u are going strait but on turns i felt like i was driving a barge. i belive its my inexperiance that lead t omy dis tast in crusers plus im a little guy so riding that big of a bike was tough for me i like not having to slw down for any thing like i do on my enduro i practily stop fo most turns on that bike

Old 06-19-2009, 04:03 PM   #5

Its good you didnt get seriously hurt, it doesnt take much to down a bike.

Borrowing things from people is something I almost never ever do just for that type of reason.
I'm afraid I'll mess it up or get stuck fixing someone else's problem.

In an emergency I'll do whatever I have to but in any other case nope but I have no problem renting what I need.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:20 PM   #6

I'm glad to hear you weren't seriously injured. Indeed, the smaller motorcycles are a lot easier to control.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-21-2009, 12:14 AM   #7

Keep an eye out for his daughter!

Old 06-21-2009, 01:33 AM   #8

That's why I never ride anything I cannot afford to replace..... Well Normally not I did ride a CBR I could not pass that up.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:25 PM   #9

I borrowed my sister inlaws Harley for a 700mi bike trip. Made it back in one piece but had my share of close calls. I knew that if I put it down it would most likely crush me. All I can say that was my weekend to be the bad boy biker. Made me realize how much safer the enduros are to control and ride. Except for the weight of the Harleys control in cross winds or passing trucks you can have it. Glad to here you only got some road rash and your pride tarnished alittle. Believe me Ive rode dirt bikes and enduros all my life and the Harley just felt like a over sized sea cow wallowing down the road.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:32 PM   #10

I don't think cruisers are unsafe... I think that's an unfair judgement... I think it all depends on how comfortable the rider is with the specific vehicle.