Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2009, 07:56 AM   #1

I'm somewhat surprized at the price on this.

So i was just looking at 110cc ATV's to see what CASPONE might have (yeah I'm bored right now ) and stumbled upon this bike which most of us have seen.

400cc Street Bike(400-GY)

It is a bit like a V-strom (I guess) but smaller engine but the thing that got me was the price I thought these were going to be sold for a bit more than that.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:17 AM   #2

That's a great price.

I've only seen it on two other sites (where they are listed as a 400XY)

Rabbit - $2898
http://www.rabbitscooters.com/rabbit...oducts/766.htm

X-Treme Powersports - $3399
http://www.x-tremepowersports.com/in...S&Category=515

I didn't compare shipping but the one you linked says it's free. That's looking like a pretty sweet deal.
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 03-29-2009, 11:58 AM   #3

Those are nice looking bikes and the price is great. There was talk of this bike and a dual sport version last fall on this site and had it been for sale at the time, I would of picked up one. The only thing I don't like about this model is the tire size, and on the dual sport version they routed the water hose outside of the skid plate leaving it exposed right behind the front tire. Glad to see these bikes for sale, if I hadn't already bought a bike, I'd would of been very interested in this or the dual sport model.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:45 PM   #4

$2350 with FREE shipping is pretty good and I was wondering if they plan to sell the dualsport model.

I know nothing of that dealer but I'm sure if I were to get serious about buying from there I could find out enough.

Old 03-29-2009, 03:28 PM   #5

If you email Xingyue, and ask the right questions, they will give you their wholesale prices. Two of the four 400cc models (this being one of the 2)wholesale for a couple hundred less than the dual sport model. The wholesale price is much less than this retail price, but involves a container of the bikes. This is a great price to get one!

Where are the members who said they would get a Chinese bike again when bigger engines were available for a decent price?

Old 03-29-2009, 03:45 PM   #6

Show me a dualsport model at this price and I might try to get one.

I was a bit surprized to see it and I'd bet there will be more later this year.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:02 PM   #7

This is a great looking bike!
Awesome price,what is the engine and model brand?
Right up my ally price wise-i'm cheap.
I hate the idea of buying anything like that where I pretty much get what I get.
Being a dealer tech by trade I would much rather be able to kick some tires first.
Is there one of the "best" dealers that are dealing with this one?
By best I mean the known excellent dealers like EJ's,Phil,etc..
(I've noticed them on several other forums and i've never dealt with them but their good character "reek" on everything I read on all of them. )
Anybody have a review?

Old 03-29-2009, 09:06 PM   #8

http://www.olsonpowersports.net/i-mo...etbike200.html
I like the looks of this better but really need the 400cc.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:21 AM   #9

The brand name is Xingyue--they are best known for their scooters in the US, but recently came out with their 400cc lineup. Roketa.com has all 4 bikes shown, but Roketa tend to get a little hopeful and will put bikes up on their site whether they actually have them in stock or are months away--but at least they show all 4 bikes.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:02 PM   #10

If this bike can do interstate all day long (75 MPH), then I'm so buying it! Anyone know if it can?

31" seat height is kind'a too low. :(

Their website wants to charge me 8% sales tax. Why?

Old 03-31-2009, 12:17 AM   #11

Don't know why the 8% tax, but certain states feel entitled to sales tax from interstate deals, and Texas might be jumping on that bandwagon? However, that should take care of the tax when you go to register the bike at one of the state offices, no?

Here is a link to Roketa.com's page that has all four of the Xingyue bikes--the two adventure-touring 400's and the 2 dual sports. The dual sports cost several hundred $$'s more per bike wholesale when I enquired directly to Xingyue, so either there is better stuff on them, or they figure more people will want to jump on the dirt bikes--don't know? Teamcheap, you wanted to see the dirt bikes--maybe that place will carry them too?

I just wish that VBike would carry these!!

http://www.roketa.com/product/productlist/2628.shtml

Edit: Dragon the top speeds in the Roketa specs read 140kph which is around 85 mph, so a steady 75 mph should be obtainable--I couldn't see why a 400 couldn't maintain 75. If anyone starts to carry the dual sports, they have 34" seats-the wheels are the traditional 21"/18" versus the adventure bikes' 16"/16" wheels.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:32 AM   #12

Sales tax for motor vehicle in Texas is 6+%. I'll have to pay 6% at the tax office. This dealer's website (Olsonpowersports.net) wants to charge me another 8%. These guys don't know what they're doing! I also googled 'em, and found a bunch of bad review and not a single good one.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:35 AM   #13

I watched the video from Xingyue Canada. I'm not impressed by the sound of that engine. It sound just like my 250--noisy. It's a street bike, but it's not quiet like one.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:35 AM   #14

Olson was a random find; don't undertand their 8% mentality if you have to pay another 6%? I do remember the video, and the sound doesn't sound as authoritative as the Asiawing 450 It seems like a decent bike for a commuter or even a budget cross-country cruiser. Don't talk yourself out of one yet, if you can find one at a better rated dealer for a similar price.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:09 PM   #15

Does this bike have balanced engine?

After driving a 250cc unbalanced engine for a year, I'm looking for something smoother.