Anyone else have this bike looking to do some up grades
rear sprocket put the 42 maybe 40
ready to put k/n air filter and get rid of the stock air filter
any ideals would be nice

already put new fuel line and fuel filter

stole jingall picture

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3541/...8a28c2.jpg?v=0

Old 03-24-2009, 01:45 AM   #2

NIce bike, Other than the plastics it is pretty much the same as the other gy's sprocket Mod will help, As for the K&N just measure and use there websire to find one that will fit

http://www.knfilters.com/universal/universal.htm

Jetting will also help.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:58 PM   #3

ty

Thank you AZ200cc for the site for filter

Old 03-25-2009, 01:11 AM   #4

You're welcome the sprocket will be listed in the parts sticky thread at the top of the dual sport forum. Read through alot of the threads and pretty much any question You have will be answered. Also the search function helps a ton.

Old 04-05-2009, 11:30 AM   #5

Hey Joe,
Just ordered the same bike. If I may ask, who did you get yours from and how much was it? Mine should be here next week, hopefully black also, but who knows. I get the feeling its a bit of a lottery as to which one you actually receive LOL.

seer

Old 04-05-2009, 02:26 PM   #6

SeerAtlas

I got it from a friend in florida went into scooter and motorcycle bizz. It didn't work out the guy hired to run in ran off so he sold cycles paid 1200. maybe little more but didn't have to put together.

ps before you start read some of the forums on here
clean out gas tank put fuel filter on bike have fun
so far so good for me but have to change sprockets i ride on the road

Old 04-05-2009, 07:45 PM   #7

Joe, good deal, i'm in a canyon here, literally, with all these fire roads, logging roads, and powerline access roads meandering thru the mountain forests so stock gearing will most likely be spot on for what I'll b doing till I leave here To be sure I'm scouring the forums picking up hints on possible "gotchas" . I'll post photos and commentary when it shows up and I start putting it together.

Seer

Old 04-08-2009, 01:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas
Hey Joe,
Just ordered the same bike. If I may ask, who did you get yours from and how much was it? Mine should be here next week, hopefully black also, but who knows. I get the feeling its a bit of a lottery as to which one you actually receive LOL.

seer
Where did you get yours?...if you don't mind me asking.

I just ordered one from PowerSportsMax, it should arrive tomorrow. Now my brother wants one, but not in the same color. PowerSportsMax only has yellow in stock :(

Thanks!

Old 04-09-2009, 02:46 AM   #9

Kevdon, I may b wishing I'd also ordered from powersportsmax as I may be going to have a problem with Olson. having real trouble getting confirmation of the purchase order of the bike from SunL. stay tuned and good luck with yours.

seer

Old 04-09-2009, 03:57 PM   #10

Well, I got an invoice from OlsonPowersports this morning and confirmed with Brandon that the bike I'm getting is NOT from SunL but may or may not be the same bike they import...so as I suspected this is going to turn out to be a bit of a lottery as to what shows up. He DID say that the SunL parts would all fit sooooo, maybe I'll end up with the same MDL 200GY that you guys are getting out of PowersportsMax in California. lol we will see what we will see Weather improving here so itching for the bike, whatever it is, to arrive LOL.
Seer

Old 04-10-2009, 10:12 AM   #11

Thanks for the reply.

My HSUN arrived yesterday (exactly 1 week after I ordered it). The box was pretty shredded, and the frame was bent every which way, though I think that was the trucking company's fault.

It came with no tool kit, and a broken tail-light. Also, the way the bike was put in the frame has cause the battery to be punctured a little, hopefully that still works. Oh, and no mirrors were included, even though they were clearly in the pictures on the website.

There are some dings/scratches on the bike. But nothing too noticeable.

I'm going to try and put her together today. It sucks that there are no directions, but I guess that's not uncommon with these bikes. I'm not very mechanically inclined, so it may take me awhile.

I'll update on how things go.

If possible, let us know how it goes with your bike. I may purchase my next one from Olson, if everything goes smooth.

Thanks again.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:29 AM   #12

I put one together a few months ago, if you have any questions let me know. The mirrors and the the tool kit would should have been in a small box with some other hardware, is that missing too? There is a picture of the box contents here-

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...513&highlight=

Old 04-10-2009, 11:15 AM   #13

I put 2 together a month or so ago and could help you also. Your company owes you mirrors and a tool kit and a taillight. If the battery is punctured it's trash. Don't even try to fill it, get another from the wholesaler.

FWIW, the toolkit and mirros and battery are all bottom of the line and better replaced with improved items anyway...

Both my bikes arrived fine. The boxes and shipping frames were undamaged. Many of these bikes get scratches on the aft front fender because of the way they are packed. Mine were no exception.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:56 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
FWIW, the toolkit and mirros and battery are all bottom of the line and better replaced with improved items anyway...
Second that. The tools are only good for the scrap pile. Better just going down to a cycle shop and purchasing some aftermarket mirrors and a new battery at walmart.

Allen

Old 04-10-2009, 06:01 PM   #15

Thanks all for the replies, this is a very informative forum.

It was a long day, but I finally got it all together. Going to pick up some mirrors locally, and try to get it street legal next week.

Currently I really only have one issue...Blinkers.

They are loud, I mean really loud. It sounds like a garbage truck is backing up. Is there a way to turn the sound off.

Also, the back left left blinker doesn't work, and its not the bulb. When I turn on the left blinker, the front left blinker turn on, but just stays on solid, it doesn't blink, the back doesn't turn on at all. And I here one loud beep. Nothing else. Any ideas?

The right blinker works fine (other than causing ringing in my ears)

Thanks.