Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2009, 11:14 PM   #1

I ordered a new300 CC utility ATV from Vbike

I ordered a 300 utility. This exact machine is not listed on the Vbike site yet, but will be soon. I will tell you about it when I get it. It is a shaft drive and two wheel drive. I may be wrong but I think it will do 90 percent as much as a 4X4. It is a brown camo, and should be here on Thursday.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:33 PM   #2

I think you made a wise choice- congrats!!

I know I'm loving my Vbike!

Old 03-09-2009, 11:55 PM   #3

Thanks for the encouragement, I just have to say I have not dealt with a business that the person who answers the phone knows what they are talking about. Tim always answers the phone and knows how to answer questions. What a concept!

Old 03-10-2009, 01:20 AM   #4

Hahaha...yeah, what a radical idea, eh? That a business should actually know what they are doing. That's why the Chinese are kicking our butts- while we've become a bunch of educated idiots.

I worked for a Chinese importer 25 years ago, when I was a kid- different product, but same business concept- the owner or his wife would always answer the phone, and they knew what they were doing and gave excellent customer service, and are still in business today, while all of their local competitors are lonmg gone.

I'm dying to see that new utility model- I really needed a utility, but didn't care for their scant selection of utilities on the site. How did you find out about it?

Old 03-10-2009, 08:54 AM   #5

I started to inquire about it and Tim told me he had a new one coming very similar, but it had a 300 engine. Then he told me if I waited for the new one he would give me the same price as the 250. I expect he won't do that on others but with the info he gave me I decided to order it. I won't be sure until it gets here, but I am confident it is what I expect.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:12 AM   #6

I wouldn't worry, Real- I do believe after experiencing the quality and performance of these Vbikes, that one could probably easily sell their new Vbike if it wasn't exactly what they wanted, and get back every cent they paid for it and get a different model!

I got a friend coming over this afternoon. He's dying to see my v4sw- he said if he sees that mine holds up after I've had it a while, he's going to buy one (When he actually sees it, I think he'll end up buying one sooner!)

As much as I love this v4sw, if a good utility model materialized, I could see myself selling and trading up.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWorld
Tim always answers the phone and knows how to answer questions. What a concept!
Congrats from me as well. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have all of my stuff from them. I always thought I would be accused of being a pimp for Tim, but now you all can see what I was talking about. He really is a decent and honest guy with an honest business practice. It was so refreshing after dealing with the goofs around here.

:wink:

I cant wait to see the Utility. Thats where my wife will be happy. Especially if its a 2 up (which I doubt). Fingers crossed.

I'll be watching for it to show up here.......... :wink:

Old 03-10-2009, 12:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal_Diver
....I always thought I would be accused of being a pimp for Tim,....
That's funny- on another ATV forum (one cnnected to a magazine) after only having been on the forum for a few days, I was accused of being a shill for Vbike, just because I sang the praises of them, and because I trashed a dealer of another brand who people have been complaining about (That dealer DOESN'T answer his phone, and is avoiding paying customers and not even mailing out their MCOs months after the sale).

The irony is, that the moderator on that forum admitted to me that he gets perks from the lousy dealer and the brand which he carries.

That moderators absurd over-reactions to my posts got me really curious- so I did a little investigating, and it looks like the shady dealer recently moved to another state (only a few miles from his old locale) and is trying to maintain his same company name, but doing business under a different corporation.

I posted on that forum that I was now going to bring all this info to the attention of a politician I have a connection to in the shady dealers original state......

Well...long story short, the thread was quickly deleted.

But it just goes to show, that there is a world of difference between who you buy from- and it makes a huge difference to buy from someone with a good reputation, like Vbike/Tim.

(I was actually told on the other forum that I could post positive things about Vbike if I wanted, but that I couldn't say anything negative about the other brand or the shady dealer! So ironic, when the moderator is a paid shill!!! Needless to say, that forum has lost all credibility in my eyes and i no longer post there)

Old 03-10-2009, 06:51 PM   #9

KentuckyDonkey,
The funny thing is I have been a member of that forum for a few years.I was the first vbiker to post on that site and with my posts started the v4s frenzy.I too was acused of being a front man for Tim.And had words with the person you are talking about.I'll give you a little back ground.Tim offerd to be a paying sponser of that site but in order to do that he was told that he had to give a free v4s to the mod for a test and reveiw of his bike.And if they deemed it worthey then they would allow him to be a sponser.
Anytime Tim would log on there web site to help someone with a question about vbike not to sell but answer questions they would delete his inpute.
Even after all of that the vbikes won out and exploded like a successful chain letter and they couldn't stop it.Now look at what happened to their main sponser.And it was mentioned several times by their faithful that Tim wouldn't be around like the sponser would be. after a few years.

2007 HI-BIRD 250
2007 Vbike V4S 250

Old 03-10-2009, 08:40 PM   #10

Wow, Kman! It's amazing how dishonest people can be, and the lengths they will go through to try and maintain their own image, while deriding other innocents...all just for what ammounts to a few perks- nickels and dimes.

And the really sad part of it is, that newcomers can really be swayed by such a site, and be led down the totally wrong path...and good people like Tim can be damaged...while they promote crooks.

I have no tolerance for that sort of thing.

I have already contacted the politician I have access to- and it might take a while, but I believe that the shady dealer we are talking about will be scrutinized. Funny thing is, if they end up getting in trouble, they will have the moderator at that other forum to thank, for had it not been for his adsurd over-reactions and accusations towards me, I never would have had a clue as to what was going on with that dealer, nor would I have been inclined to investigate the matter.

I hope that the brand of bike that the shady dealer sells ends up backing out of their business with him, as they probably are innocent/unaware of his dealings, and it would be sad for a decent company to get a tarnished reputation by association.

I wonder if the moderator we are talking about on that other forum is a staff member of the magazine connected with the forum? What he is doing was/probably still is very common in the magazine industry- which is why I never trusted magazines that advertise the products they review.

It just sickens me, how someone can prostitute themself like that, and for what? A few free Chinese quads? I'm glad Tim didn't play ball with them!

Old 03-10-2009, 11:48 PM   #11

Re: I ordered a new300 CC utility ATV from Vbike

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWorld
I ordered a 300 utility.
Was this a twist and go or does it have gears?

On a side note............ kczukiman, shouldn't you be in the garage working on plastics? Sorry I couldn't resist. I feel your pain on the fitting.......

Old 03-10-2009, 11:58 PM   #12

I am a bit new at this, so what is a twist and go?

Old 03-11-2009, 12:11 AM   #13

I should have just said Automatic.

Twist and go is like "Twist the throttle and the thing moves"

Automatic transmission.

Sorry about that.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:12 AM   #14

My new ATV should be very similar to the one on this site. It will have a bigger 300 cc engine. I will know more on Thursday night I hope.

http://www.vbike.us/index.php?page=s...s=&pz=&scid=44

Old 03-11-2009, 12:14 AM   #15

Displacement 300CC
Horsepower 22HP
Cooling System AIR COOLED
Transmission 5 SPEED WITH REVERSE
Drive SHAFT
Starter ELECTRIC/RECOIL
Ignition CDI
Top Speed 50+ MPH

Steering
Front Suspension SINGLE A-ARM