Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2009, 01:15 AM   #1

Questions? Yes I have some. Help please.

I have multiple questions regarding my 2006 JetMoto 200cc Enduro.

So the questions are as follows:
1. If I install a 120/90H18 Rear Tire, and a 3.00/21 Front Tire that are tubeless, what is required. I assume tubes and rim strips, since the air would leak all over from the spokes, but what size tubes, and is there anything to be careful of? PS: The idea is to do a SuperMotard setup, but I guess I really need a smaller front wheel for this setup to look right.

2. I live in the SF Bay Area, which is known for having all kinds of terrain (little hills, steep hills, flats.) Where I live is 5 minutes from any of the above. I currently upgraded to a 17 tooth front sprocket. My rear is still stock a 56 tooth. I took the bike on the freeway to test topend, and was able to get 90-95 km/h which is 55-60ish MPH. I want to be able to cruise comfortably at 65mph, yet still have enough power to get up and down hills without being a slug. Jetmoto sells a 46 tooth sprocket for the rear. I'm curious as to approximately how many MPH dropping 10 teeth will give me in topend.

3. I have done the following: Install Foam Filter, NGK Plug, and am in the process of removing the baffle/restrictor in the muffler. I have also ordered a 110, and 115 jet. I would like to make it simple on myself and install the best matching jet the first time around. Which jet would be best for my mods based on your experience?

4. I have seen the black 250cc Gio dirtbike exhaust sold by (allstarsalez) on ebay that people are talking about, and I'm interested, but I'd like to know whats required to get it to fit. For $125ish shipped it may very well be worth it. Tell me if I need more pipe, to bend pipe, welding, so on. If it requires adding a piece of straight pipe somewhere and welding it together, no big deal. If custom bending is required to get it to fit in the frame, then it may be a different story.

5. What size/type of chain do I have, and is an O-Ring chain worth the extra $20+

6. I saw something about upgraded clutch springs by Barnett, and I'm curious as to what the improvement is, and how hard they are to install.

Thanks for your time, I really appreciate the help!

Old 02-23-2009, 08:44 AM   #2

Tubes yes. Tubes generally fit into a range of sizes for each rim size. So you would order a 2.75-3.25x21 front tube and 3.5-4.5x18 rear tube or something similar.

I you plan to order tires and tubes all at the same time it is hard to beat the prices at www.americanmototire.com They ship fast too.

I would with a 44-46T rear sprocket. That should get you into 65mph zone and still allow some hill power.

A 40-42T will be too small for your terrain. I have been to San Francisco.

Seeing has you are just above sea level you are going to want a larger jet. Probably the 115.

I wouldn't bother with a o-ring chain. Just maintain it well.

If you clutch is not slipping don't bother with the springs. No need to fix something that is not broken.

Allen

Old 02-23-2009, 08:54 AM   #3

I put Avon Road Riders on my bike, I bought from the link Allen recommended there, best deal I found... I didn't change the wheel size, here's a picture.

I believe I am running 17/46 and I top out at about 110 km/h, I haven't done any performance mods to the exhaust or jets though.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:32 PM   #4

thanks for the responses so far guys.

I will do the 115 jet.

I will also try the 46 rear sprocket.

Anyone know the size of replacement chain? Jetmoto wants $40 for one, on ebay I've seen chains for $15 shipped.

Jim, I'm curious as to what size tires you're running, and if you're using the stock sized tubes. Also, what air presure?

Old 02-23-2009, 03:20 PM   #5

Spudrider just posted about some EK chains I believe. More along the $15 route. I don't remember how many links you need.

Allen

Old 02-23-2009, 03:22 PM   #6

Chain link.

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ewtopic&t=7356

Count the number of links you have. You will need to subtract a few from the stock one. I would invest into a chain breaker.

Allen

Old 02-23-2009, 08:37 PM   #7

I think my rear is 110/90 - 18 and the front 90/90-21, using the stock tubes (well I replaced the front one I wrecked, but same size)

edit: may be a 110/80 on the back, I'll go check.
edit2: checked, it is a 110/80 - 18 on the rear, and 90/90 - 21 up front.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:16 PM   #8

check out this link too
http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...highlight=avon

Old 02-24-2009, 12:25 PM   #9

Thanks Jim and Katoranger.

I placed my order for some street tires in 120/90-18 and 3.00x21.

I also looked at the chain website, which seem to be a good deal.

Anyone have some input on cruising speeds with a 17/46 sprocket combo?

Also, some input on the Ebay 250cc exhaust?

Old 02-24-2009, 12:41 PM   #10

I could cruise at 65 with a 17/45 combination. Top was about 70mph. Same with the current 17/42 combination. I loose speed alot faster with the 42 on hills.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:55 PM   #11

Ok cool, I think after jetting and exhaust the 17/46 will be good by your info.

So now onto that Ebay exhaust. I took the stock muffler off, which has about 1/2 the overall exhaust pipe welded to it. Im cutting the baffle out in the rear of the muffler with a hole saw. I really do want some input on how much work is required to fit that 250cc ebay exhaust if I dislike the modded stock exhaust.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:30 PM   #12

I used a hole saw and went at the outlet of the muffler where it has a tiny little exhaust port that allows the exhaust to escape. I opened up the exit by nearly twice its original size, and wow does it growl, and when you put your hand near the end of the exhaust it move SO MUCH MORE AIR. Its gotta be a great modification. I need to get it on the road to test it out really quick. Hopefully pictures/video soon to come.

Update: Took it out for a ride, and it pops like crazy on decel, which to me says it needs a much bigger jet. I have a 110 and 115 coming as discussed before, so I'm hoping it solves the issue and supplies the fuel which inturn becomes power. Topend seemed to increase slightly (roughly 3-5khm.)

Old 03-12-2009, 01:02 AM   #13

Ok, so I rejetted the carb from a 102, which came stock in my PZ30 carb that was on this bike to a 115. The new jet enabled the bike to make use of the new airflow and in return made significantly more power. I still get some pop on decel, which I cant say is a lean condition or a characteristic of the gutted muffler. I will keep an eye on the spark plug for indications.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:17 AM   #14

Glad to hear about the more power..

Old 03-12-2009, 01:56 AM   #15

MORE POWER 8) Pretty sure the pop is due to the mods.