Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2009, 06:28 AM   #1

So whats your plan this year ???

If I dont sell or trade our bikes I plan to do a few things to them.

On my wifes bike I will put aluminum bars and bark-busters.
I may make up some custom nylon sides for hers but this time I'll start with some graphics that she likes and I'll cut the nylon to match and it should look sweet.

My seat is coming apart a little at the bottom where it got pinched so I may have to recover it.(I'll add padding if I recover)

I was going to box in her frame but the more I looked at it the more I wanted it on mine so I may end up with that on mine.

So anybody else have plans for their bike this year ?

Old 02-16-2009, 07:30 AM   #2

I need to make a new chain guard, mine doesn't fit with my new tires, and it is required to be street legal.... Other then that I'm not too sure yet.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:40 AM   #3

I installed a larger battery and built a support to hold it. Installed a smaller countershaft sprocket for a lower gear ratio for off road riding. Will keep the larger sprocket in the tool kit for a 5 minute change to a higher gear ratio. Put a sheepskin cover on the seat. GPS holder on handlebar. Welded a slightly larger exhaust pipe into the stock muffler.

Will be taking the GY5 and the Lifan 110 powered CT90 down to Death Valley again for a week during spring break. Then riding the Black Rock Desert area in Nevada for a week in June. Will probably get a lot of riding done around the Northwest this summer. Also have a couple long trips planned on the Goldwing.

Q

Old 02-16-2009, 07:56 AM   #4

We may make it up north a few times this year unless the gas goes back up to $4 buck a gallon the gas prices killed us last year.We went a few times last year but not nearly as much as I wanted.

If we get the other house we wont be going anywhere to ride since we'll be working on the house but we'll be able to putt around the yard there atleast.

I bought a rear trunk for my bike that will get put on soon.

I almost have my 300ex ready and then I'll work on the ChinaBlaster quad.I have been dragging my feet on those two because I like the 200gy to ride more than a quad but it is now to the point of finish them or sell them.Even so I think I'll end up selling one of them.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:41 PM   #5

I would like to add some things and just keep it going and take some longer rides in the 100-150mi range, round trip. The rear trunk talked about here on the forum looks good. I would also like to try a winshield. The rain and sand has hit me hard way too many times in the face/neck. Thanks to this forum,I feel I can buy parts when needed. I would like to get a brighter headlight/tail light bulb as I do ride at night.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:36 PM   #6

Spring Activities

Presently I need to remove the entire left crankcase cover on my Zongshen 200GY-2 in order to access the countershaft sprocket, et cetera. When I do my next oil change this Spring, I am going to cut the cover so I need only remove the rear portion to change sprockets, replace oil seals, et cetera.

I also bought another rear hub for my Sierra 200, and I am toying with the idea of lacing a 17" or 18" rim to it. I would enjoy having a greater selection in dual sport tires for my rear wheel.

On another note, I start training in March to become a motorcycle safety instructor with the Idaho Star program run by Boise State University. I took one of their safety classes last summer when I returned to motorcycle riding after a 26-year layoff. I enjoyed the class so much, I applied to become an instructor. I am very pleased that I was selected to join the team at Idaho Star.

http://idahostar.org/

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 02-16-2009, 05:48 PM   #7

I plan to keep my bike the same and ride it another season. In a couple of weeks I am going to do some maintenance and get it ready to ride.

Allen

Old 02-16-2009, 05:50 PM   #8

I need more cc because my riding is half highway. If nobody brings in at least 400cc this year, I'm going to defect to japan bike.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:26 PM   #9

I already defected :( Sorry guys

Old 02-16-2009, 06:34 PM   #10

I was going to defect but we have a new (old)house that needs a ton of work so we'll just have to ride the 200gy's which is fine for now just not a 400cc is all.

Old 02-17-2009, 02:27 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ200cc
X2, but I still have my GY.... thought about a lower gear and some agressive knobbies for it, but I think I'll get a new lid and boots instead and just rock the DR....

Old 02-17-2009, 02:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by knothead
Quote:
X2, but I still have my GY.... thought about a lower gear and some agressive knobbies for it, but I think I'll get a new lid and boots instead and just rock the DR....
Which DR did You get???

Old 02-17-2009, 03:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by knothead
Quote:
Which DR did You get???
It's a 1996 DR650.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:18 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
I plan to keep my bike the same and ride it another season. In a couple of weeks I am going to do some maintenance and get it ready to ride.
Allen
Ditto. Basic maintenence and keep it running.
Replace what breaks/falls off and can't be hacked back together (now where did I put that duct tape and baling wire :?: :P )

I do like the "tool tube" that SpeedSouth has made up for his TAT ride. I will probably do one of those myself.
Bill

Old 02-17-2009, 03:26 PM   #15

My plans are to add a new bike, either the Pitster/Puzey XTR 250 in motard trim (its look is growing on me) or XTR 250 enduro, or try to get one of the 400cc Xingyue's direct from China. Have been emailing Phil--maybe buy a Zongshen and ride it back to Yuma from his shop. Would like to see the Hi-Bird enduro, however. Will probably keep the Honda, just in case.... :?