Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2009, 08:42 PM   #1

Best Dual Purpose 200 CC Bike?

This might seem a bit redundant, but I have read all of the recent info on the 200 CC Enduro. There are several companies who are selling one, many for $1200 delivered in the USA. Can we come to a consensus on the details that make one better than the others. Most of the questions come down to the engine, what engine holds up the best and overall engine maintenance. My 07 Hi Bird needs to have the engine almost removed to adjust the valves, it is easy once you get the valve cover off. The last thing would be your choice on a specific bike. Maybe someone can explain the counter balanced engine and what bike has it.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:31 AM   #2

my 2cents
most of the engines are the same design a pushrod type motor same as what you have now the counter balance is a sort of a easy way get rid of the vibrations and lifan does a fine job the motor is smooth as silk
the other choice is the serria from zong its a overhead cam and does not have a balance shaft and runs just as smooth could be machined balanced :wink: like the jap singles as for picking one over the others find a local dealer who can do and does service and parts pay a little more its money well spent for ppaperwork parts and warranty
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 01-16-2009, 10:06 AM   #3

My HiBird is overhead cam.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:50 PM   #4

im not suprised maybe a little embarassed :oops: i just used what i have seen. according to the hibird rep zong makes their engine and a lot of others also what i see is three major players in the engine market
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 01-16-2009, 02:02 PM   #5

Hey, thanks for the input. I am a bit of an amateur but I am reasonably sure that my 07 Hi Bird is a pushrod engine. I say this because it has lifters visible when I adjust the valves, but no cam is visible. I have the engine that has one big cover over the entire head. Three bolts hold it on. Once it is removed you can see the rocker arms for both valves.

I have heard the new Hi Bird will have the balanced engine.

Old 01-16-2009, 02:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWorld
Hey, thanks for the input. I am a bit of an amateur but I am reasonably sure that my 07 Hi Bird is a pushrod engine. I say this because it has lifters visible when I adjust the valves, but no cam is visible. I have the engine that has one big cover over the entire head. Three bolts hold it on. Once it is removed you can see the rocker arms for both valves.

I have heard the new Hi Bird will have the balanced engine.
That would be a pushrod engine.

Allen

Old 01-16-2009, 04:18 PM   #7

Made these pics up awhile ago.
Both of these engines have ran fine for us and both perform about the same now that both bikes have similar exhausts and other tuning settings.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:08 PM   #8

Great pictures! Now I have a much better understanding of the difference. Thanks for the info.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:12 PM   #9

I agree, great pictures, thanks for sharing

Old 02-22-2009, 11:06 PM   #10

I have several people I know asking about a 200, and I am not sure what to tell them. Should they spent the extra money on a Lifan or can they go with one of the lower price competitors?

Old 02-22-2009, 11:25 PM   #11

I would say it depends... I am super happy with my Lifan, but if money wasn't an issue (and for some reason I decided to stick with a Chinese bike anyways) I would definitely go for the Qlink/Qingqi bike....

Out of the 200cc bike's I've seen so far anyways, there's a lot of cool China bikes out now.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:42 PM   #12

Thanks Jim, I will research it, I have seen info on it so it won,t be hard to find.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:48 AM   #13

Biggest thing I see it the whole can I register it problem. If that is covered most any of the 200cc dual sports are good.

Allen

Old 02-23-2009, 12:04 PM   #14

Good morning Allan, I think I understand! I had a little trouble finding a Qlink/Qingqi dealer in the U.S.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:37 PM   #15

Pricier than the Qlink is the new Pitster Pro XTR 250--very good bike (on paper at least), but again--pricey. Liquid-cooled, 25 hp, all sorts of high quality bits and pieces. However, I would wait to see what Hi-Bird will finally release, though, as it looks like it, too, will be a good bike. Xingyue has their 400cc lineup certified for the US, and if you email them, I think you can order one direct from China. They sent me wholesale prices, but not sure how much more $$ would be added for individual sample and shipping for one bike, vs. container-load--maybe they will sell you one for the price. I wish I could afford a container-load of the bikes, as the prices are low. Jim posted the Xingyue Canada links, and there is some video of one of the 400's being thrashed about on the road. It looks and seems stout enough.