Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2008, 06:35 AM   #1

fmf or pro circuit for qlink xf200 / qingqi 200 gy-b enduro?

Hey,

After alot of searching I found 2 options for exhaust addons for the gy-b 200cc. I live in Norway so my bike is named qingqi 200 gy-b enduro, it's the same as qlink xf200 in usa.

Anyway, I read about people modding the original muffler and I had given up really on finding a replacement part but then I saw this company that makes a slip-on muffler for the xf200, apparently its based on a FMF muffler, its just the silencer I think.

I also found one from pro circuit and it replaces the whole exhaust system.

The links are at the bottom, My question now is: Has anyone tried these and which one makes the most power, and will the sound be much higher or still under 100db?

If im going to guess i'd say the one that replaces the front exhaust system too gives the most power change. (?) And I think the fmf muffler is originally for a 2-stroke, but the pro circuit t-4 is for 4-stroke and replaces the whole exhaust system front and back.

http://www.cbxmanmotorcycles.com/Pro...-Xf-Xp200.aspx

I can't find the link to the article about the other fmf muffler, but its somewhere in this guy's blog http://xf200qlinksupermoto.blogspot....1_archive.html It's called JP/FMF and its sold by jpmotorsports though its not on the webshop, i mailed them asking if they still sell it and whether they can ship to norway,and they can. But first i wanna hear if anyone else tried one of these..

Old 12-28-2008, 05:39 AM   #2

Yep, I have been searching too. But i have a SkyTeam ST200! And do you use your fmf exhaust it will be probably wrong, because it is for 2-stroke!

Nobody tried this before?

Old 12-28-2008, 10:05 AM   #3

I am seriously considering getting the Pro Corcuit t-4, but I am unsure of the power increase, it will probably give alot more power but what about the sound? will it be street legal still?

Old 12-28-2008, 02:18 PM   #4

I think the noice will be higher dude. but im not 100% shure ! You can by a silence killer or something maybe?

Old 12-29-2008, 01:13 AM   #5

QM200GY Muffler

Here is a link to a thread discussing another muffler choice for the QLink XF200/XP200:

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=499

This muffler might also be available for a lower cost on eBay.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-12-2009, 09:23 AM   #6

waiting

I ordered the TI-4 exhaust system, im now waiting for it to arrive to norway. Ill post some results when its mounted and ready.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:54 AM   #7

Re: waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergspre
I ordered the TI-4 exhaust system, im now waiting for it to arrive to norway. Ill post some results when its mounted and ready.
Please do post your results! Also, if you get the time, please do post some photographs of your new exhaust system; we love photos!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-25-2009, 08:24 AM   #8

Its on its way, got shipped yesterday.

Im starting to think what im gona do with the SAI unit that sits on the original front exhaust hm. I read the threads around here about people removing it and just block the whole in the cylinder, but I think on my bike the sai goes into the carburator..Im going to investigate a little how the sai looks today to be prepared.

Old 04-25-2009, 01:55 PM   #9

Old 04-25-2009, 02:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergspre
Im going to investigate a little how the sai looks today to be prepared.
You can blank off the cylinder opening with a home-made plate and the original gasket that was there. Cap the carburettor vacuum take off with a suitable cap or a short length of hose and a plug, and another plug in the air filter box where the larger hose goes to.

Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
Yamaha Virago XV1100
Triumph Bonneville SE
Qingqi QM110GY
PGO Bug rider 250 Buggy

Old 05-01-2009, 10:53 AM   #11

:wink:
So, the pro circuit ti-4 pipe is now mounted on my TMS qingqi gy-b

I took some pictures of the engine showing details that im gona put up here later. Im now at my apartement, i drove here with the bike and its totally awesome. The sound is not superloud at all, its 100% ok But the grunchy sound is so cool. And it seems much stronger from mid to top rpm. Before it was kinda dull after 5k rpm but now its much more snappy and willing..

Im very happy with the pipe and it was much easier to mount then i thouhgt.

My SAI unit was only connected with 1 rubber pipe thing that went into the front of the air box, so we took that off completely and blocked the little vent it went into Only thing i can complain about is the back pipe is a littlebit low but.. Il show you some pictures later when i get home

I also took a picture of the engine number so we can check why its different from the US version..

Old 05-01-2009, 12:25 PM   #12

Wonderful! I look forward to seeing your photographs.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 05-01-2009, 12:41 PM   #13

Did you mod the jetting? A free flowing exhaust will lean out the mix and fry your valves if you don't compensate by increasing the fuel mix..
If you are seeking max power there are several things you should do.
First, pull the carb manifold, and VERY carefully using a small die grinder, match the intake port to the manifold. The smoother the transition from the manifold to the intake the more it will flow. You *can* do the same with the exhaust but the effect will not be as pronounced in most bikes because of the nature of the casting. When you mounted the pipe, did you compare the surfaces?

Third, increasing air intake is a good thing, use a uni or other oiled foam filter mounted to the carb and scrap the air intake box.
Lastly, rejet or increase the size of your carb to suit local conditions.

All of this will net you a LOT more power on the high end, but will more than likely cost you torque down low. If the engine on the qlink is overhead cam, you should get a bunch more revs also, if a pushrod motor you more than likely will be limited by valve float. Higher rate springs can be used to get you a few hundred more revs.

Of course, all of this will lessen the life of the motor but as they say in racing..."slow is cheap, fast costs money, how fast do you want to go?"

Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 05-03-2009, 02:36 PM   #14

Look at the air box on the top. A hose were connected to that and went to the SAI unit and tha was the only thing connected to the sai box. I blocked it off with a piece from an old tube.

Photo of the engine code/number

On the middle section theres something not fitting correctly, maybe its
a bit different from the QLINK gy-b in the US? It doesnt matter though, the
pipe sits tight anyway.

And here you can see why they were selling the extra bracket for the end pipe.

I forgot to take a picture of the whole bike with seat and tank on, ill take one later so yo can see the final result. Im thinking of taking a little video too cause I think my dad can do HD video with his photo camera..

How do I mod the jetting? Is that the moving of the needle a step or 2 down/up? If the mix is too lean wouldnt that also make the bike act strange? It feels perfectly good and has much better gas respons..and at 6000rpm theres a little hit actually. Its overall stronger then before on any rpm + its extra strong on 6k+

Im worried that giving it more gas wold make it "bog" on lower rpms

Old 05-03-2009, 02:40 PM   #15

Changing the needle position will change the mixture at idle. Changing out the main jet will allow more fuel at high rpms. This requires purchasing a larger jet and installing it in the carb. Sometimes it takes a few trys to get the right one.

Open filter/exhaust will probably require a larger main jet. It may run good like it is, but you will notice even more with a jet increase.

Allen