Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2008, 09:05 AM   #1

Florida Registtration?

Is there anybody out there from Florida that has experience registering their bike for the first time?

I have a CMO that has the bike info printed on it, but not signed by anyone, and a bill of sale from the previous owner. Will this get it done? I'm trying not to make multiple visits to the DMV, because that is oh so fun.

Thanks,
Eric

Old 10-30-2008, 10:48 AM   #2

Hey Eric,

The MCO must be an original (not a copy) and dealer assignment (to you) must be filled out, including miles (when new) on odometer. VIN# check isn't required (al least by my local DMV) at Florida DMV with MCO title application. Bill of Sale from "assigning" dealer showing amount paid must be presented (it will be returned to you) when you apply for title & tag. (Remember, you are titling a "new old stock" motorcycle... recently uncrated, not a used machine.)

You will be asked for your driver license when you apply for title. Have cash to cover (7%) tax on amount paid, with an extra $100 for tag, fees, incidentals, lunch, etc...

Old 10-30-2008, 12:24 PM   #3

Thanks Phil,

That all makes sense to me, but I didn't buy from a dealer. I'm the third owner of the bike and the first to want to get a tag for it. The MCO was passed on to me and has never been "assigned" to anyone. Other than the typed vehicle info (vin, weight, etc) all of the dealer/seller/buyer info is just blank lines. (should I fudge this and fill it in myself?)

The mileage isnt indicated on any of the paperwork except for the APPLICATION FOR CERTIFICATE OF TITLE WITH/WITHOUT REGISTRATION form I downloaded and filled out. (does this need to be verified and signed by anyone other than me?)

Also, does it matter that the MCO is on glossy paper?

Thanks for all of your help,
Eric

Old 10-30-2008, 05:18 PM   #4

he glossy one will not work,you must contact the importer,at least i did ,to send you the proper form.When i did mine I didnt even bother with the glossy one,i contacted the importer and they sent me the proper one, overnight at that.All downhill from there.The glossy one should have the importer on it ....try contacting them.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:30 PM   #5

Went to the DMV today and got DENIED!

That glossy paper MCO is useless. I called American Lifan and found out that I have to track down the guy that originally bought the bike from the distributor and get the distributor to issue a proper MCO.

Wish me luck, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Anybody out there got any "creative" ideas on how to title this thing?