Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2007, 09:02 PM   #1

Tightening or Loosening spokes

My front rim is a touch of a wobble in it. It's been that way for about 1500 miles due to me maybe tightening up on some spokes too much, and no I dont know which ones they are. Well, I got it out tonight and tried to fix it, and I couldnt do it. I am green when it comes to this stuff. (that means I'm not knowledgeable about it) Can someone help me out?!
I really want to true this wheel.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:28 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to msRandi
Ok here it goes, first you need a way to spin the wheel like the axal in a vice, then you need a way to track the movement up and down and side to side.like a old coat hanger nailed to your work bench as a pointer, then mark the wheel where its out of round and out of true. then think long and hard, witch way dos it need to move? I just made a truing stand for myself.
love from the big island.

Old 02-14-2007, 08:25 AM   #3

There is a bycycle shop around the corner from my house that I took a minibike rim too, to have it tuned. Since I had never done anything like that before.
They had the right tools, ie. spoke wrenches and truing stand and had it balanced in about ten min. They where happy for the buisness on a week day and only charged $15.00. After watching how it was done I am sure I could do it but it would take me 4X longer plus any stand I rigged up wouldn't be as accurate.