Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2008, 09:18 PM   #1

Hose blow

There is a hose that is attached to the top right hand side of my engine...looks like air is pumped through it when the throttle revs..the othe end of the hose runs across the front of the engine and attaches to a device which is attached to what looks like a cooling fan....anyways on the side that attaches to the engine the hose had a big blow hole in it probably from heat and too much throttle.....bike did still run...cut off damaged hose and re-fitted..although why did this blow, any ideas....I assume this has something to do with the cooling system...not sure how long it was blown or how it is affecting the bikes performance? :?:

Old 08-01-2008, 09:27 PM   #2

when your engine cycles down there is air that must be purged from the crankcase. this hose relives the pressure created by the piston cycling. no worries it is all good man.

Old 08-02-2008, 01:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonzo
when your engine cycles down there is air that must be purged from the crankcase. this hose relives the pressure created by the piston cycling. no worries it is all good man.
No, that's not the crankcase vent tube he's talking about, it is smog / emmisions crap. The hose burn out is common. You can pull all the smog crap (hose, pump, and all other stuff attached to it) off the bike and make a block-off plate to cover the hole in the head once you remove everything. Unless you wont be able to get the bike through a state inspection, there's no need to keep all the smog stuff. I doubt it does much anyway.

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 08-02-2008, 05:23 PM   #4

Ok thanks guys.Im taking it to my brother next week and he will help, thanks again!

Old 08-02-2008, 05:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by red2003
Quote:
No, that's not the crankcase vent tube he's talking about, it is smog / emmisions crap. The hose burn out is common. You can pull all the smog crap (hose, pump, and all other stuff attached to it) off the bike and make a block-off plate to cover the hole in the head once you remove everything. Unless you wont be able to get the bike through a state inspection, there's no need to keep all the smog stuff. I doubt it does much anyway.
I'm not really an expert here but I believe that it is a crankcace vent for the federallly mandated smog standards compliance. And by removing that item you would render the bike non street legal in most municipalities, and void any current warranties...Not to mention...sorry, flames if justified...it is not in keeping with the effort to "go green"!!

Someone please correct me if I am out of line :oops:

That is just my humble opinion 8O

CAUTION
Obey The Traffic Regulation.
Always Wear a Helmet.
Don't Ride After Drinking Wine.
Before Operation, Read The Owners Manual Carefully.

Old 08-02-2008, 06:25 PM   #6

my lifan has no smog stuff on it. I am not in the know as to what he has :oops:

Old 08-02-2008, 06:54 PM   #7

Quote:
my lifan has no smog stuff on it. I am not in the know as to what he has :oops:
Mine either...hence, not the expert. I do know some models are required to comply with federal air quality standards. And that includes a federal minimum warranty period.

I don't mean to be Mr. know-it-all, and It might not be a big deal in theENIGMATIC's case, I am just pointing out a potential pitt-fall :!:

Respectfully,
Tigertamer

CAUTION
Obey The Traffic Regulation.
Always Wear a Helmet.
Don't Ride After Drinking Wine.
Before Operation, Read The Owners Manual Carefully.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:52 AM   #8

Without a pic, I go with whatever red says usually, this time too.

One time I thought he was wrong and didn't say anything hoping to trap him. :twisted: Glad I kept my mouth shut, because he was right that time too. :oops:

I even had a file that I kept reds' pearls of wisdom in. I wish I kept it. It read like a clymer for chinabikes. I could of PMed it to new members. Red Rocks.

Post a pic of the burnt pipe if you can, or get it checked out. If it's your smog recirculator hose then scrap it and cap it.

Old 08-03-2008, 08:42 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by red2003
Quote:
I'm not really an expert here but I believe that it is a crankcace vent for the federallly mandated smog standards compliance. And by removing that item you would render the bike non street legal in most municipalities, and void any current warranties...Not to mention...sorry, flames if justified...it is not in keeping with the effort to "go green"!!

Someone please correct me if I am out of line :oops:

That is just my humble opinion 8O
Let me reiterate the hose assembly he is talking about is NOT the crankcase breather tube. The crankcase tube is NOT emission related at all. It just releases the air pulses generated by the up and down motion of the piston to escape out of the cankcase. It's just air. This tube is mounted on the head, not the crankcase. I agree the emissions stuff MAY need to be kept to keep it legal in his state. I doubt it though. As far as warranty, they don't mean much with these bikes anway. Some of the Viva bikes came through with this setup, and it was forever burning up until the owners did away with it all together. I try to be just as green as the next guy, but it is a poor design, on a small displacement bike, set VERY lean from the factory. Removing it is not gonna make much of a difference except a better running bike that's not breaking down because of a flawed factory design.

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 08-03-2008, 08:43 AM   #10

Scrap and Cap.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:00 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist

One time I thought he was wrong and didn't say anything hoping to trap him. :twisted: Glad I kept my mouth shut, because he was right that time too. :oops:

I even had a file that I kept reds' pearls of wisdom in. I wish I kept it. It read like a clymer for chinabikes. I could of PMed it to new members. Red Rocks.

Post a pic of the burnt pipe if you can, or get it checked out. If it's your smog recirculator hose then scrap it and cap it.
I have to agree with ya iron. red should pack up move to china and teach the chinese how to build these bikes.

Usually when I have a technical problem with the bike I will check out what everybody says and then do what red says.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:32 PM   #12

Quote:
Quote:

I have to agree with ya iron. red should pack up move to china and teach the chinese how to build these bikes.

Usually when I have a technical problem with the bike I will check out what everybody says and then do what red says.
I think red might have a little trouble in china trying to fit in a being a good party member. Maybe not, but it's just the feeling I have.

I really don't care what red does for a living, as long as he keeps posting. :wink: Sounds like a heck of a pedestal Red. But really were just trying to say thanks. Have a great day/

Old 08-04-2008, 07:57 AM   #13

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think red might have a little trouble in china trying to fit in a being a good party member.
Oh, c'mon. With a name like "red" they should let me right in

Old 08-04-2008, 11:02 AM   #14

That's funny!

Old 08-06-2008, 01:50 PM   #15

Send a message via AIM to madmaximum Send a message via Yahoo to madmaximum
Does red have a hot sister that you guys are all trying to date??
1977 Kawasaki KH400, aka Green Ripper