Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2008, 09:48 PM   #1

HS 200GY prep etc.

So I have been prepping my new HS 200GY this past week and a half. But I have noticed that most of the nuts/bolts aren't coming loose even without lock tite. Very little vibrations (there are lots of rubber things on the bolts to cut down on the vibrations) all around looks like it is put togather really well and sounds great! Not sure if other Hsun owners feel the same way but these seem like great bikes. I will cross my fingers! -Cory

Old 07-28-2008, 10:44 PM   #2

Sounds good, hopefully it will help you deliver many pizzas

Old 07-29-2008, 11:24 AM   #3

I have an HSUN also, and with the exception of replacing the solenoid (under warranty) and the baffle coming loose in the muffler, I have been well pleased with mine. I need to check with the dealer to see what can be done about the exhaust.

Like you, I have noticed that the all the bolts seem tight and there is little vibration.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:31 PM   #4

I agree.just keep an I on the front caliper screws......If your HS is like mine.eventually the heat shield on front exhaust will rattle loose.....and I have not been able to get it to stay back on......other than that.headlight screws on fairing seem to be stripped and is hard to screw back in headlight....so lube the screw holes especially on the headlight fairing.besides that I have only really had to tighten the bolts that hold the plastics on a couple times!

Old 07-29-2008, 10:07 PM   #5

I noticed today that it looks like my sprocket wobbles a bit. Looks like it is bolted tight and nothing around it wobbles. Maybe one of the screws holding it on isnt as tight as the others? also, how exactly do you guys lube the cables? do you put the grease completely through the whole cable under the wire or just on exposed cable? If you do put grease on entire cable how do you get grease in there? Thanks! -Cory

Old 07-30-2008, 09:09 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzarider
I noticed today that it looks like my sprocket wobbles a bit. Looks like it is bolted tight and nothing around it wobbles. Maybe one of the screws holding it on isnt as tight as the others? also, how exactly do you guys lube the cables? do you put the grease completely through the whole cable under the wire or just on exposed cable? If you do put grease on entire cable how do you get grease in there? Thanks! -Cory
If the sprocket wobbles could be that the giant c-clip is loose or missing! May have not seated properly at the factory or forgot to put it on. It must be in place though or you will shred the hub for sure... :(

Old 07-30-2008, 12:10 PM   #7

Try to post some pics of that back wheel. Cable lube....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motor...spagenameZWD1V

Any lube is better than no lube. You can drop,(5 drops) of 3in1 machine oil along the cable and down into the tube until you can get a can of real cable lube with the cable clamping device. It makes the job way less messy.

Old 07-30-2008, 01:30 PM   #8

If the sprocket wobbles could be that the giant c-clip is loose or missing! May have not seated properly at the factory or forgot to put it on. It must be in place though or you will shred the hub for sure... :([/quote]

When I am riding down the street i turn to my left and look at the sprocket. It appears to be slightly wobbling but looks to be very tight. When I look directly behind the sprocket (between sprocket and hub) It looks like one of the bolts isnt as tight as the others but when i go to tighten it it wont budge. Still think it is c-clip? Thanks -Cory

Old 07-30-2008, 01:52 PM   #9

I am not an expert with repairing motorcycles but I didnt have any problem putting the bike togather when it came in the mail. Do you think I would be able to fix this problem myself? I have to put a smaller sprocket on my bike anyway so do you think I should just take the rear sprocket off and check the c-clip myself? Anyone have a photo of a c-clip for the rear hub? Thanks! -Cory

Old 07-30-2008, 04:18 PM   #10

I think Kato has pics of that in his gallery. Not sure though. I had pics in my gallery but deleted them, sorry.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:20 PM   #11

Ok thanks! I got the rear wheel off and finally got a close up look at the sprocket. The c-clip is the "almost circle" ring with a hole at each end, at the outside of the sprocket holding the sprocket on? How do I remove it? special tool? Thanks guys! I will post pics soon. -Cory

Old 07-30-2008, 09:24 PM   #12

When swapping rear sprockets I used a screw driver and a pair of bent needle nosed pliers. I started at 1 side and pried off the clip working carefully but forcefully around the clip. Don't loose the clip when it flings off.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:57 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzarider
Ok thanks! I got the rear wheel off and finally got a close up look at the sprocket. The c-clip is the "almost circle" ring with a hole at each end, at the outside of the sprocket holding the sprocket on? How do I remove it? special tool? Thanks guys! I will post pics soon. -Cory
Cory, to make life easier you'll want to buy a pair of snap ring plyers
1995 Kawasaki Concours (ZG1000)

Old 07-31-2008, 09:12 AM   #14

It's worth the expense of some decent snap ring pliers, as suggested. While you're at it drop another 15 to 20 and get a chain breaking tool for 428 chain. :wink:

Getting the ring off is a bear with ordinary tools! You may bend it and it won't go back in the slot properly afterwords. :(

And changing sprocket sizes usually means changing the chain's length.

BTW, those sproket bolt don't hold the sprocket on at all. They are shock absorbing drive pins that transfer the torque from the sprocket to the hub via rubber grommit things in the hub.

The snap-ring is the ONLY thing that holds the sprocket on the hub!

Old 07-31-2008, 09:43 AM   #15

sprocket wobbles

The sprocket wobbles on my Lifan GY-5 since day one and I have over 5k miles on it. From what I understand it's normal. If you grab it and wiggle it, it should move a little from side to side. This slack lets the chain track right on the front and back sprocket. (the front sprocket will also wobble not matter how tight you make the bolts).