Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 11:42 PM   #1

seat cover

I have a lifan 150gy and the seat cover is very ugly, does any one know if the seat is the same of of any japanese bike so I can recover it?
thanx in advance for any help

Terry

Old 02-07-2007, 12:29 AM   #2

You can actually re-cover it yourself with some vinyl that you can purchase from WalMart, all you would need is a staple gun and a little epoxy. Its so simple, the original seat cover is stapled to the seat frame, just remove the staples and seat cover and replace with the new vinyl forming and stapling to the contour of the seat frame. you could even go as far as adding more foam or a different type of foam (something stiffer) which you can purchase at a furniture repair shop or fabric store. Let your imagination run and be creative, have fun with it, besides, why have something that everyone else has. I did a seat for a fellow worker he has a Rocketa and didnt like the original cover so with a few bucks we picked up some vinyl (2 colors) and stopped at a tailor shop on the way home. They gladly sewed the 2 sheets together to form a tri color pattern which he drew on a napkin, red,black,red, they cut it and sewed it for nothing other than wanting to see the finished product. So like I mentioned have fun with it and be creative. Check your local shops, you might run into some deals like we did...bored workers are always looking for something to do.

Old 02-07-2007, 06:40 AM   #3

I was thinking about this since the stock seat is not fun at all when you slide around on it like its wet, haha.

Will have to stop by Walmart or a fabric shop sometime soon.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:36 AM   #4

Does Anyone Think this Cover will fit a standard GY Seat?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Deal-...QQcmdZViewItem

EDIT: Never Mind, I just looked up a photo, and it is a different style seat...