Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2007, 03:36 PM   #1

few Question

New guy here, great info on this site. A neibor down the street wants to sell a travel-on 150gy for $300. It looks like a lifan to me. He has a heck of a time getting it to warm up but once it does it runs fine. I thin the clip on the carb needs move a notch according to ya'lls info. the bike has 122 kilometers on it and it has been tabed. I would like to know if the sprokets are the same as the 200s and the throttle sticks a little wher can i get a new throttle cable or assembly, and lastly I went through the site and found out about the exhaust being almost pluged at the head from weld mat. now I cant find it or info about the gasket from the head to the exhaust for some reason. any help please? sorry for being long winded and thax again.

Old 02-03-2007, 04:56 PM   #2

First I would check around and price a 150GY new than think about the if you want to deal with some hidden problems that you might get with a used bike. Second, the information you found on the carb only work for some riders, I have taken and moved the clip on my GY5 up and down the needle and didnt notice any change so you could try the adjustment to see if it helps your starting problem, you could also try installing a new plug in accordance to the manufacturers specs. Check your electrical system to make sure you got a good connection and there is no corrosion in the plugs. Third, the sprockets on a 200 is different than that of the 150 due to engine size and RPMS, you could match up 150 sprockets from Honda or even check ebay for deals. The throttle cable can be lubed being that it still works, Im sure it has never been taken off and lubed since it was assembled so try taking it off and spraying some quality penetrating oil or a graphite based lube in it, you will be able to feel the difference, also check for kinks. I checked the weld on my bike when I first got it and didnt see any welding defects, in fact it was pretty clean, there wasnt a gasket just a high temp O-ring, if there is a gasket on yours you can pick up high temp gasket material at any automotive parts house, but be sure its 1mm thick and high temp. I hope this answers your questions