Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2024, 07:53 PM   #1

Thinking about selling my Lifan xpect

before I even make an ad anywhere, I wanted to just talk a little bit about thinking about selling my xpect.

I wanted to see what people thought about selling it

so I have basically transitioned to being on board the boat all the time.

I was going to try to bring the bike on the boat, but I have too many other projects to figure out. I am able to move the bike from place to place. For instance I am in one spot all summer and I have the bike right on shore and it’s been handy. but it’s been transportation only. I’m not riding it for fun. I’m riding it because I have to go somewhere.

when I do have to go somewhere, if it’s on the bike, if it’s overnight, I have to get a hotel. That’s expensive.

and of course it’s exhausting going ashore from the boat, carrying all of the motorcycle gear, getting suited up and sweating all day, doing all of that physical stuff involved in riding around and doing errands in full gear, then coming back, hauling all of that stuff out to a boat and putting it away. I am wiped at the end of that.

I also moved it from Pennsylvania to where I am in New England in the beginning of the summer to set it up in place, and it took days. it took two really long exhausting days to do that.

these are my complaints. Ha ha.

i’m just not finding a motorcycle in general to be the right transportation solution. I feel like an SUV that I can sleep in if I go away is the best thing for this.

like I can keep it near where I am parked on the street somewhere. When I move locations, I can take a train or a bus or fly back to get the vehicle. If I need it. Otherwise I can put it in storage.

with an enclosed vehicle, I can drive it in the rain. I can drive it in the winter. I can drive it in the worst heat of the summer. and since I’m still building my boat, I can carry more materials in it more easily. And I can sleep over in it if I go far away.

I blew a ton of money on rental cars this winter to go snowboarding. That was stupid. I should’ve just bought a car

so here I am thinking about selling the xpect.

what are you guys think? After all that bitching do you think it’s a good idea to sell it? I don’t really feel like I’m getting the proper use out of it and I feel like it would be better if someone who really wants one could get the use out of it.

otherwise it’s just going to sit here

is there any reason I shouldn’t sell it?

you guys all know the history of this particular bike. I posted it all over this forum the entire time. It’s been a good bike. It still is. Still starts like a Honda Civic or a Toyota Camry. runs great. There are pictures of me doing the maintenance on this forum. so I don’t think I’ll have any trouble selling it.

I’m just not sure if I should

Old 07-10-2024, 07:56 PM   #2

also, what are these worth these days? what kind of price should I set it at if I do sell it?

Old 07-10-2024, 08:14 PM   #3

It does sound like you need some sort of car/SUV. But as for selling the X-pect, you probably won't get much for it. Then the question becomes whether you might as well keep it as a backup vehicle. But if you just want to get rid of it to simplify life, that is valid too.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 07-10-2024, 09:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post
It does sound like you need some sort of car/SUV. But as for selling the X-pect, you probably won't get much for it. Then the question becomes whether you might as well keep it as a backup vehicle. But if you just want to get rid of it to simplify life, that is valid too.

well, it didn’t cost much to begin with so I don’t expect much ha ha

but I do think I need to get rid of it to simplify. I have land. I would have to pay to keep it somewhere.

Old 07-11-2024, 11:16 AM   #5

When you DO buy a vehicle, make it an SUV or truck. With a truck, you just put the bike in the bed. With an SUV, get a tongue mounted moto-rack. Keep that bike and use it for fun. The daily driver will be the SUV/truck.

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old 07-11-2024, 12:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdano711 View Post
When you DO buy a vehicle, make it an SUV or truck. With a truck, you just put the bike in the bed. With an SUV, get a tongue mounted moto-rack. Keep that bike and use it for fun. The daily driver will be the SUV/truck.
Thats not a bad idea! There's not much to gain in selling it, so why not hold onto it, at least for now.

Loading/unloading could be done where there is an embankment up against parking space or at a loading dock. Gear can be boxed and left in the truck. That actually solves the gear hauling inconvenience. The other issue might be safe storage (theft deterrence).

If it really doesn't work out in the long run, then sell it.

Old 07-11-2024, 03:08 PM   #7

I actually still have the harbor freight rack that I used on the front of my RV with the bike. But it’s heavily modified. I turned it into a dual receiver.

I don’t think I can have that many things. I have too many engines to maintain.

There are five engines on the boat already, plus the vehicle if I get one, plus the motorcycle. I can’t have that many items I don’t have enough time in life to maintain all of that and continue building the rest of the boat out

I think it’s only one land based mode of transportation. I can’t have multiple.

it’s going to either be keeping the bike or getting an suv

another factor there is I’m also going to need some stealth ability. With a motorcycle hanging off the back it’s not going to be too stealthy for sleeping or parking

Old 07-11-2024, 04:36 PM   #8

Too bad, I just ordered one.
From the specs it seems that they use the same rear sprockets as the Honda Grom, which is quite beneficial for me, since AliExpress makes them from 32 to 48 or 58 or so....

I also still have 2 sprockets, a 29t and a 30t from the vader150 that are the same dimensions in terms of mounting them.

I will probably put a 17t on mine and the OEM 34t that came with my Vader.
If I need or want more, I can always swap out for a 32 or 30t, but I doubt I'll need that small.

I run a 19/29 on my Vader 150, which comes with 12" wheels.
I'm expecting to run this one with a 17/34t for highway comfort. It does have larger diameter wheels, but it also has about 50cc and fuel injection extra.