Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2023, 11:26 AM   #1

Lifan X-Pect 200 reception report

Greetings! I'm new to the forum, and thanks to the wealth of info I found here, just received my new Lifan X-Pect 200. I thought I'd drop a post here with my experience so far for anyone else considering this bike:
  • I'm astonished at the quality of this bike for the price. The bolts are clearly an inferior steel as they seem pretty soft and easy to strip out if you're not careful, but the overall fit and finish, including the plastics and decals is quite impressive.
  • I purchased from PowerSportsMax because they had a significantly lower price than either Amazon or Venom (the other two places I considered). I paid $1649 for the bike and $300 for shipping.
  • It took about a week to be delivered and was on-time. Delivery was smooth - the truck had a liftgate and the driver was able to use a pallet jack to bring it right to my garage. There was zero shipping damage and no "birthmarks" on the bike at all.
  • My bike was delivered with the front wheel installed, which was different from most of the videos I'd seen showing setup of this model. This made setup a breeze. Completed setup, changed the oil, and I was good to go.
  • I only encountered two issues (so far, at least): 1) The right turn signals were non-functional. This turned out to be a broken solder connection inside the turn signal switch. Using my ghetto soldering skills, I fixed it myself. 2) The drive chain was too tight which prevented gear shifting. Loosening it a bit fixed that.
  • I'm not sure if this an issue or not, but the reading on the fuel display seems to work intermittently. Usually the "bars" showing the level are there, but every so often they are missing. Not sure what's up with that yet.
  • I'm in Wisconsin and was worried that title, registration, and plates would be a hassle. I took the documentation from PowerSportsMax in to the DMV, paid my taxes and fees, and left with a title and plates - it was a breeze.

Old 08-25-2023, 09:33 AM   #2

One additional minor thing I should have caught while setting up the bike: the brake light switch was very loose in the mount. One of the plastic nuts was completely unthreaded from the switch. Nothing major, but something I needed to fix.

Also upgraded the headlight to LED - wow... major difference!

Old 08-25-2023, 09:55 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by phurth View Post
One additional minor thing I should have caught while setting up the bike: the brake light switch was very loose in the mount. One of the plastic nuts was completely unthreaded from the switch. Nothing major, but something I needed to fix.

Also upgraded the headlight to LED - wow... major difference!
Same issue with brake light switch on my Hawk. My guess is they send it loose so there's less chance of it snapping if bumped. Plus, it's a bit of a fine tune adjustment with the pedal, so you'll need to look at it anyway.

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin