Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2008, 12:23 AM   #1

Impatience

My apologies for the wall of text to follow. Very happy to have found this community, I made it through the first 20 pages of posts, and am still learning about these fun lil toys. Was hoping with some advice on what to get though.

So after doing some research, I decided that American Lifan was going to be my choice (LF200GY-5) Got in touch with authorized dealers and just have trouble swallowing the $1899 price tag they want near me. Over $2200 prepped and tagged, I'd rather find a used yamaha / honda.

The hi-bird or komoto 250 really interested me, but the dealers you all seem to like best are out of stock for some months to come, and can't seem to find anyone that has one in stock (so if anyone knows where some are hiding let me know )

So as i continue reading and looking at all the options out there I ran across:
http://www.nitro-motors.com/carb-200...ith-clutch.jsp

$899 with free shipping just seems to good to be true. Apparently a Viva, but I haven't tracked down exactly who Viva is yet. If anyone has experience with this dealer / knows more about this particular bike, please point me in the right direction for more info. I saw a post somewhere stating that it was on the low end of china bikes, but am trying to figure out what factory it comes out of, and if these bikes were made on chinese new year or not :P

I much apppreciate any help I can get, info on these bikes is proving hard for me to find so far, and you guys have already educated me more than anywhere else.

Old 05-26-2008, 01:47 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to liverchip
I haven't had any dealings with them, but make sure you can register it in your state.

2007 X-Moto(Jetmoto) GY250
--mods---
15/40 sprockets
UNI Pod Filter

2007 Shineray TMS 200XYi--Betsy
Betsy Mods:______________________
Acerbis DHH headlight
FMF Powercore pipe
Uni Pod Filter

Old 05-26-2008, 02:00 AM   #3

If you just do a search of this forum section for "viva" you should get a bunch of posts. The same with the dealer's name in the Dealer Discussion forum as well. Just try it!

Old 05-26-2008, 02:34 AM   #4

Re: Impatience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drock
My apologies for the wall of text to follow. Very happy to have found this community, I made it through the first 20 pages of posts, and am still learning about these fun lil toys. Was hoping with some advice on what to get though.

So after doing some research, I decided that American Lifan was going to be my choice (LF200GY-5) Got in touch with authorized dealers and just have trouble swallowing the $1899 price tag they want near me. Over $2200 prepped and tagged, I'd rather find a used yamaha / honda.

The hi-bird or komoto 250 really interested me, but the dealers you all seem to like best are out of stock for some months to come, and can't seem to find anyone that has one in stock (so if anyone knows where some are hiding let me know )

:

> :? they're are out of those bikes right now, :?: :cry
desertdog wrote>i know i sell'em , paul is the salesman for all of viva he's my >distributor anyrate,
>thats wut he told me ,
>that the next shipment is do in the 2nd week of june

So as i continue reading and looking at all the options out there I ran across:
http://www.nitro-motors.com/carb-200...ith-clutch.jsp

$899 with free shipping just seems to good to be true. Apparently a Viva, but I haven't tracked down exactly who Viva is yet. If anyone has experience with this dealer / knows more about this particular bike, please point me in the right direction for more info. I saw a post somewhere stating that it was on the low end of china bikes, but am trying to figure out what factory it comes out of, and if these bikes were made on chinese new year or not :P

I much apppreciate any help I can get, info on these bikes is proving hard for me to find so far, and you guys have already educated me more than anywhere else.

Old 05-26-2008, 11:08 AM   #5

i just sent them an email, the spec sheet says it has a drum brake, and the pics show a disc, also it says it has a 4 speed transmission. i thought the gy200's had a 5 speed? also asked if they had any in stock.

Old 05-26-2008, 01:59 PM   #6

sounds kinda sketchy already, thx for the info all, guess i should call and ask a few of those direct questions that confuse those that don't even know what they sell.

Old 05-26-2008, 02:02 PM   #7

spec sheet also says its a kick start only? anyone else own a viva? confirm? deny?

Old 05-26-2008, 02:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigidchop
spec sheet also says its a kick start only? anyone else own a viva? confirm? deny?
One can see in the photos that the bike has an electric starter motor. Also, the spec weight of 330 pounds cannot possibly be correct. The bike looks good, but the dealer is sloppy. If they're so sloppy now, I wonder how they're going to be when you need parts.

Old 05-26-2008, 03:13 PM   #9

currently i am only researching this bike. not really interested in service after the sale. as we all have read about how, most of these internet dealers, dont know anything about the product they sell, and that the warranty is a joke anyway. i did however find the same bike for about 500 bux more at another online dealer, with the same problems with the spec sheet info. i mostly am interested in finding out if it is a 4 or 5 speed. oh and sorry if i hi jacked this thread, was trying to find out some info for the both of us.

Old 05-26-2008, 03:51 PM   #10

Here is a nice Roketa for an ok price

https://motorcycles-wholesale.com/Ro...-Enduro-Bikes/

And these guys do free shipping they have a few other styles

http://www.nationalonlinescooters.co...S&Category=204

Keep shopping around You'll find something, But it would be better to really look around before You pull the trigger. But it does seem like these bikes are running low,
Powersportsmax is out of dual sports at the moment 8O

Old 05-26-2008, 04:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigidchop
There are 2 diff. Viva's. One is made by Shineray and the other by Huansong. They have different motors.

The Huansong has a vertical headlight and pushrod electric start engine. They're fairly popular among members here. The Shineray bike is sleeker looking, but has no electric start (TMK) and some sites call it a 4 speed??? and it costs a little more, but don't know of any members who own one.

Getting one tagged may be iffy. Several successes so far. Me, still waiting.

BTW, i see no indication that Viva plans to continue importing dual sport bikes. All the bikes i've seen are 2007's on blowout.

Looks like Venom is also buying DS bikes from Huansong and using their brand:

http://www.venommotors.com/products/...bike_200cc.php

Old 05-26-2008, 08:03 PM   #12

200cc $699 + Shipping

Specs said 5 speed and electric start.

http://www.atvswholesale.com/carb-di...cc-enduro.html

Old 05-27-2008, 01:02 PM   #13

[quote="AZ200cc"]Here is a nice Roketa for an ok price

https://motorcycles-wholesale.com/Ro...-Enduro-Bikes/

*****OUCHY, $1539 shipped with liftgate, doesn't seem that great of a deal.

http://www.nationalonlinescooters.co...S&Category=204

*****$1,272.50 for the same Roketa linked above, and seems like some other good deals, time to go to dealer discussion and look em up

Thanks for the info guys, Ive spent about 60 hours online reading so far, and keep finding better deals

Old 05-27-2008, 01:11 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by srreynolds2003
200cc $699 + Shipping

Specs said 5 speed and electric start.

http://www.atvswholesale.com/carb-di...cc-enduro.html

****I believe that nitro and atvwholesale are the same company, that was suggested in dealer discussion at least.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:26 PM   #15

http://www.nationalonlinescooters.co...OD&ProdID=1472

Allroad, great, now i have another brand to look into.

I really like the vertical mirror option on this bike.