Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2023, 12:50 PM   #1

jetting setting for 2023 hawk 250 wit 300 cc bore kit

Good afternoon everyone, I'm new at the forum and I'm new at chinese bikes. I purchased a 2023 hawk 250 and to upgrade it I also bought a 28 mm nibbi carb and a 300cc big bore kit. is anyone familiar with the jetting set now that the bike is "300"cc. I live in Miami, we are at sea level here and temps run well into the 90 degrees all year round Any recommendations? thank you so much

Old 06-07-2023, 05:47 PM   #2

its only a 20cc bump up in displacement. so even with stock jetting the bike will probably run fine if a little lean...

If the plug does however show a overly lean burn then the you will only require the next size up in jetting.

the 300cc kit only makes the engine a 250cc from the stock 229cc...

Old 06-07-2023, 07:18 PM   #3

Most guys I have talked to, if no other upgrades were done like a ported head, was like a 2 to 3 point increase on the main. (135 to a 138).
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 08-29-2023, 03:15 PM   #4

new issue

hello guys, thank you for your help. The bike has a new issue now. I can't start a new thread so maybe someone will read this and help me. It is an interesting one.
So I get on the bike and she starts right up, no issues. after riding at about 60mph for 10 miles my lights start flickering. when I pull to a red red light the bike dies and I can only kickstart it, it seems to have lost all electrical power. after a bit of riding it will do the same thing, lights flickering, no lights, no horn, nothing. I get home I park the it, the following morning I turn the key and she starts right up. extremely weird behavior. I have already bought a new battery, I'm waiting for it to arrive but I dont think that's going to fix the problem....thank you guys,

Old 08-29-2023, 05:11 PM   #5

Replacement battery might be it or the original battery just needs a recharge
Could be a regulator...
Might be the stator but if the bike kick starts its unlikely...
Could be loose wiring/connector