Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2023, 05:07 PM   #1

the real reasons I chose the Hawk over the Templar or Expect (not poverty)

1 Slow and steady wins the race, my friends. The Haosen Hawk 250 may not break any speed records, but who needs that? Take your time, enjoy the ride, and savor the sights. Life's a journey, not a damn NASCAR race!

2 This baby's got a suspension that'll give your kidneys a workout. You'll be bouncing around like a basketball on crack. It's like your very own personal trainer, targeting those core muscles you've been neglecting for years.

3 You know how some bikes guzzle gas like it's free beer at a redneck wedding? Well, not our Haosen Hawk 250! It's got a fuel tank that's smaller than my bladder after a night of heavy drinking. It'll force you to take pit stops, giving you a chance to resist the temptation of those greasy roadside diners.

4 When it comes to climbing hills, this bike's like a fat guy trying to tackle a mountain of buffalo wings. It's a struggle, my friends, but that's where the real satisfaction lies. Push yourself, conquer those inclines, and revel in the sweet taste of victory. Just be sure to bring a defibrillator for emergencies.

5 Maintenance, my friends, maintenance! That's what the Haosen Hawk 250 is all about. It's like a needy girlfriend who always wants attention. But hey, use those breakdowns as an excuse to sit on the side of the road, take a breather, and ponder life's mysteries. Who needs meditation when you've got a motorcycle that's falling apart?

6 You want conversation starters? This bike's got 'em, baby. It roars like a drunken walrus on steroids, leaving everyone wondering what the hell is wrong with it. Embrace the weirdness and watch as curious onlookers approach, asking if you're smuggling a chainsaw or if your bike's just constipated.

7 Cargo space? We don't need no stinkin' cargo space! The Haosen Hawk 250 is all about minimalist living. It's a built-in diet plan, my friends. No room for that extra bag of chips or that gallon of ice cream. Consider it portion control on wheels.

8 Parallel parking? Yeah, good luck with that. The Haosen Hawk 250 is as nimble as a drunk hippo on roller skates. Embrace the challenge and turn it into a workout routine. Twist, turn, push, and shove. Who needs a gym when you've got a stubborn motorcycle?

9 The fashion statement of the century, my friends! The Haosen Hawk 250 is so unique, it's like wearing a neon jumpsuit at a funeral. Embrace the stares, rock that helmet like a fashion icon, and let your bold style distract from any extra pounds. You're not fat, you're just avant-garde.

10 Breakdowns? Nah, those are just opportunities for reflection, my friends. Sit by the side of the road, pondering the meaning of life as you wait for the tow truck. It's like a philosophical retreat on two wheels. Who needs a therapist when you've got a motorcycle that's constantly falling apart?

Old 05-24-2023, 06:03 PM   #2

The x-pect climbs well
Slow and steady wins the race
Like an EFI tractor

Old 05-24-2023, 07:05 PM   #3

You sure you didn't get a Ural?

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 05-24-2023, 07:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
You sure you didn't get a Ural?
As someone who owns a carb Hawk and an EFI Ural, I can tell you the EFI on the Ural isn't worth it. Not even a little bit...

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 05-24-2023, 08:14 PM   #5

Zapkin and the art of motorcycle gonzo-ism

Old 05-24-2023, 08:22 PM   #6

The Templar can be driven slow. I do this often. Not racing anyway. No one "wins the race"! We ride for fun.

The vastly more adequate suspension on the Templar offers "point and shoot" fun on the trails. The additional power isn't scary big, but provides a higher level of confidence (I own a cg250 bike too- this is BETTER!).

Conversation starter? Get's looks, and inquiries? I am sure Templar would get them if I parked there. But we just get out on the trail ASAP!!!

Personally, I don't care about that attention at all. It's just for me (and my son). He rides the Storm. You would LOVE a Templar

Old 05-24-2023, 09:23 PM   #7

So true Zepkin,well said!

Old 05-25-2023, 07:26 AM   #8

Well guys...it was not me that wrote that. I gave the ChatGPT the orders and it executed them and then I laughed and knew I had to share.

Old 05-25-2023, 07:28 AM   #9

In the end as long as you are happy thats all that matters! Take care of the bike and it will take care of you. With that being said, im lovin the Templar X even more now with the de-cat procedure completed.. love how i can handle any offroad i can hand it (including some jumps that recently formed off a tree stump on my property) as well as handle amazingly around paved windy curves, so light and nimble. Plus now that i've sorted my helmet out with bluetooth music/comm paired with Mack's earplugs i can cruise all day if i want to at 60 mph with some room left

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 05-25-2023, 07:32 AM   #10

Guys this post was simply meant to be humorous. I asked the AI to give me 10 humorous reasons that I chose the Hawk, and it wrote those. It was not a dig on any bike or anything, just thought it was comical, so I shared it. But I do love my bike. 900 units (each mile is 1.33 units) and I am about ready to do a few upgrades. Anyway, thanks for reading my crazy. Have a good one.

Old 05-25-2023, 09:22 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapkin View Post
Guys this post was simply meant to be humorous. I asked the AI to give me 10 humorous reasons that I chose the Hawk, and it wrote those. It was not a dig on any bike or anything, just thought it was comical, so I shared it. But I do love my bike. 900 units (each mile is 1.33 units) and I am about ready to do a few upgrades. Anyway, thanks for reading my crazy. Have a good one.

and to think. My Xpect haiku was generated by my own mind and not a computer lol I should have tried the computer

that’s pretty funny! I got into an argument with ChatGPT today. Lol I was trying to get it to show me some gasoline burners or heaters. And it wouldn’t do it. I hit the safety. That thing is way too over regulated. I run into the safety feature way too often.

It's practically a case study in censorship.

Old 05-25-2023, 10:04 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatguy View Post
and to think. My Xpect haiku was generated by my own mind and not a computer lol I should have tried the computer

that’s pretty funny! I got into an argument with ChatGPT today. Lol I was trying to get it to show me some gasoline burners or heaters. And it wouldn’t do it. I hit the safety. That thing is way too over regulated. I run into the safety feature way too often.

It's practically a case study in censorship.
The AI image generators censor the heck out of content too. You have to get creative with your prompts to get the weird stuff...which is what I like. The problem is that this AI is so dang powerful that if they don't put the reins on it, it's going to do a heck of a lot of damage. Now, some say it could be transformational for our civilization, but I am a pessimist, and I can see how technology is already undermining our humanity. With the right prompts, even the free version of ChatGPT and the Bing Image thingy can do stuff that is mind boggling. I don't think most people realize yet what is happening. They will though..when they get replaced by AI and robots.

Old 05-25-2023, 10:54 AM   #13

Please keep using AI.. my position in NVDA thanks you for it

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 05-25-2023, 07:00 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapkin View Post
The AI image generators censor the heck out of content too. You have to get creative with your prompts to get the weird stuff...which is what I like. The problem is that this AI is so dang powerful that if they don't put the reins on it, it's going to do a heck of a lot of damage. Now, some say it could be transformational for our civilization, but I am a pessimist, and I can see how technology is already undermining our humanity. With the right prompts, even the free version of ChatGPT and the Bing Image thingy can do stuff that is mind boggling. I don't think most people realize yet what is happening. They will though..when they get replaced by AI and robots.

I do have a slightly contrary view. I mean it’s pretty useful. But all it is is a different way of using Google basically.

It’s just natural language processing.

I don’t like the way they are trying to make it sound like it is thinking.

It’s just connecting the dots between language models and how words are organized when it’s fed the entire Internet. It doesn’t actually know anything or think anything. I think a lot of people miss that point.

It’s basically a more natural way to interface with the computer and retrieve the information you are looking for.

For instance in your post in the beginning of this thread, it basically took everything on the Internet about those topics and put them together to make that. No creativity or thought. Just regurgitation.

It’s a bit like a fad or buzz wordy

Old 05-25-2023, 07:21 PM   #15

Thumbs Up Questions from human beings, Please

Well, I don't respond to chatbots if I know it isn't a human, and only as needed to automated phone bots if I need to solve an insurance, financial, purchase/return issue.

In fact, if I knew that your post was not a normal post from you, I would not have responded at all.

It is just that I would rather have a dialog with a human being, and actually a little disappointed that I was not. It makes me wonder how many posts are AI sourced? It is an interesting question!! From now on, I willl be more observant. It is a whole new world.

I guess the easiest way to tell if a human being created the post is if the post raises a real question, with symptoms of a common issue or modification question. So I could easily be spoofed if the person cutting and pasting in the chatbot text asked the AI to create the "query" for them! Confusing, isn't it

Last edited by Thumper; 05-27-2023 at 08:17 PM.