Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2023, 07:59 PM   #1

Head Scratching Comp and collision Insurers in New Mexico, USA, for Venom/Liefan motorbikes

I recently purchased a Venom X22R-Max but am having trouble finding an insurer for comp and collision for it. USAA and Progressive won't insure for comp and collision because it's not manufactured by a mainstream manufacturer. Anyone know of a mainstream insurer that will insure for comp and collision for one of these bikes in New Mexico, USA? Please don't respond if you don't know. I'd really like to hear from folks that have actually dealt with this issue.

Thanks,

DomCaf

Old 01-30-2023, 10:48 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCaf View Post
I recently purchased a Venom X22R-Max but am having trouble finding an insurer for comp and collision for it. USAA and Progressive won't insure for comp and collision because it's not manufactured by a mainstream manufacturer. Anyone know of a mainstream insurer that will insure for comp and collision for one of these bikes in New Mexico, USA? Please don't respond if you don't know. I'd really like to hear from folks that have actually dealt with this issue.

Thanks,

DomCaf
Try Geico. Call them. I got liability on my Templar X only since I ride 90% offroad, but they isured it. NO record of the VIN or manufacturer (Wuyi Zuma, or Zuumav) in their available databases. I was adding it to an existing policy, which may have helped.

Liability insurance ("financial responsibility") is cheap on these things and it is all you need to register. Want comprehensive/collision? Good luck. They may have little way to predict how much it might cost to fix.

Old 02-12-2023, 04:17 AM   #3

Thumbs Up Geico rocks! USAA and Progressive suck

I was able to get my Venom X22R-Max( Lifan Max ) insured, including comp & collision thru Geico at a very reasonable rate. "Lifan" shows up now in their manufacturer listings for mortorcycles. USAA doesn't insure motorcycles and they referred me to Progressive that wanted 4 times what Geico wanted and that was withou comp & collision, just liability & bodily injury. Definitely check out Geico here in the USA.

"Thumper", thanks for the suggestion!

Old 02-12-2023, 08:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCaf View Post
I was able to get my Venom X22R-Max( Lifan Max ) insured, including comp & collision thru Geico at a very reasonable rate. "Lifan" shows up now in their manufacturer listings for mortorcycles. USAA doesn't insure motorcycles and they referred me to Progressive that wanted 4 times what Geico wanted and that was withou comp & collision, just liability & bodily injury. Definitely check out Geico here in the USA.

"Thumper", thanks for the suggestion!
Glad it worked out. I will stick with Geico. My rate is $35 per year on each Templar

I don't need comp/collision. Liability is all that is required, and I ride 90% off road anyway. NICE deal!

Tags
comp_collision, insurace, new_mexico