Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2022, 07:47 PM   #1

Can someone tell me what’s going on in rear?

Just about finished putting my Templar X together. And I backed up and noticed the rear fender wasn’t lined up correctly with the rear wheel. Anyone know what’s going on there? Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 5989D1EA-B248-4A2F-A3B4-1502E1BD77D4.jpeg (1.45 MB, 227 views)

Old 11-17-2022, 09:52 PM   #2

First I would make sure the chain was aligned properly. The best measurement to check is from the swingarm bolt to the rear axle bolt, on both sides. You should get the same number. Just be sure to measure consistently on both sides; i.e. center to center or edge to edge.

If that's correct, take a look at how the fender is mounted. Might have been installed incorrectly at the factory. Holes drilled wrong for example.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 11-17-2022, 10:25 PM   #3

I will definitely check the chain alignment. I looked all up under the fender well and everything seems to be good. The rack on the back might be causing this. It seems to be bolted up correctly but I wonder if it could be bent enough to be in a bind and torque the fender out? Thank you, Tomin!

Old 11-18-2022, 08:41 AM   #4

I removed my rack on the back when just in general working on set up, they had installed them and grabbed some of the side plastic stickers and smoosh grabbed them so I wanted to make sure all stickers were freed up so I removed and reinstalled the rack. Two allen bolts on each outer side, then two hex bolts inside the mud guard plus the one hex bolt and nut in the center at the back.

Using my eye on the photograph up and down the wheel to the frame it looks straight, its only the plastic that looks off center. So you might want to do similar, check in real life the aligment of the parts to the frame centerline in case the photo being at an angle has any impact on observation.
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility

Old 11-18-2022, 09:48 AM   #5

Yes TP. I noticed that on my bike also. Im definitely going to remove the rack and see if that frees up anything. If it does I’ll just have to do some adjusting on the rack. This evening. Im definitely going to check the measurements between bolts on the swing arm like TominMO suggested too. I went back and looked at the pictures Powersportsmax has in their advertisement and one of those bikes is the same way. It’s got to be something with the assembly. Surely the frame itself isn’t that much out of spec. I certainly hope not. Thanks for the info!

Old 11-18-2022, 10:35 AM   #6

it's quite possible that the mounting tabs are not exactly centered. These bikes weren't welded up by rocket scientists. Could have been a Friday and they were trying to make quota.

Old 11-18-2022, 11:07 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
it's quite possible that the mounting tabs are not exactly centered. These bikes weren't welded up by rocket scientists. Could have been a Friday and they were trying to make quota.
Lol! No doubt! I can straighten the black piece that holds the tag. It’s just two bolts holding it on. I can slot those or add some washers. But I would like to know what causing this. I have seen pics of other bikes that are like that. And it could be the rear fender plastic isn’t molded just right. Thank you!

Old 11-20-2022, 07:10 PM   #8

Took the rack off and one of the tabs were off. That was the problem! Thanks again for your help!