Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2022, 11:02 PM   #1

Headlight Shroud Mounting Plate Rework

When I received my Bashan Storm 250 there was no way the headlight shroud would fit in its mounting spots. If you put the bottom nipples in their holes, the upper screw holes were about 1/2-inch too low to meet their mounting nuts. Also, the mounting screws were directly behind, and interfering with, the turn signal mounting nuts.

After pondering this dilemma for some time, I reached the inescapable conclusion that the factory had actually welded the headlight mounting brackets onto the mounting plate UPSIDE DOWN (this is the mounting plate that also holds the speedometer)! If mine had this problem, others must too.

It was a quick job to cut the mounting brackets off the mounting plate and reweld them on the opposite orientation (just the headlight mounting brackets - NOT the brackets that hold the plate). When I placed the bottom nipples in their respective holes VIOLA, the upper mounting screws aligned perfectly with their mounting nuts! It fit like it was designed for it...because it was! And now I can also remove & install the headlight shroud mounting screws without removing the turn signals first.

Photo 1: Lower mounting nipples
Photo 2: Mounting screws no longer interfere with turn signal mounts
Photo 3: The headlight shroud mounting bracket inverted and rewelded
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20221016_194207 (Small).jpg (57.0 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg 20221016_194250 (Small).jpg (40.7 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg 20221016_194326 (Small).jpg (66.0 KB, 57 views)