Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2022, 07:44 PM   #1

Need help with a wildfire

Ok I picked up this bike from a yard sale for $50. The bike shows 180 miles how true that is I don't know? The owner said nothing works on on the bike. I got it home and I took a known good battery out of my yamaha cleaned the connections and sure enough it has no starter or any lights nothing at all. So I have no power to the ignition switch so I gave it power right from the battery and all the lights worked and it cranked with the starter. So I shot some gas in the carb and it fired but it wouldn't shut off with the kill switch only the key so hooking power direct must be bypassing the kill switch? So I need to find a wiring diagram someplace but I haven't been able to. I also looked for a fuse but I only found one fuse holder with a old style glass fuse and it was good. I don't even know who makes this motor I took some pictures of the motor number but looking I came up with nothing. So maybe you guys can help if someone has a wiring diagram or if you have any information about this bike that would be great. It needs to be right I am going to give it to a 14 yr old so I have to have that kill switch working. Other than this issue it in great shape. Thanks for any help you can supply. Rich

Old 03-28-2022, 08:04 PM   #2

Post some pictures, we'll try to help.

Old 03-28-2022, 08:53 PM   #3

Sorry it keeps saying the file is too big

Old 03-28-2022, 09:37 PM   #4

On a computer, you can reduce the size of the pic in the edit mode.
My phone viewer will not reduce them.
Sometimes, when you email the pic (on your phone), it will allow you to reduce them in size. You could try to email the pic to yourself and see if it will reduce it.

Old 04-05-2022, 03:09 PM   #5

I am going to give you a generic answer: on most of these bikes, the ignition and battery charging functions are on separate coils. So as long as the ignition timing coil (at the flywheel - not the coil that connects to the spark plug) is good the bike can run without a battery.
In fact the way that the kill switch works is it grounds one of the leads from the CDI - the Black & white wire IIRC. The fuse only protects the circuits that are battery powered.
If you want a schematic, do a search based on the engine's model # which will be something like 163FML...