Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2022, 02:15 PM   #1

TBR7 Delivery

SAIA just dropped off the TBR7 I ordered. Initial inspection of the carton and steel framing did not reveal any damage or abuse. I'll have time after work today to drag it in and start the process of detailed review of what I just accepted and compare to what I ordered.

Old 02-11-2022, 07:45 PM   #2

Congrats on your new baby!
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 02-14-2022, 08:40 AM   #3

TXPS Experience To Date

I mentioned in a previous post I would post on my experience with TXPS. I have no vested interest in any dealer. I chose TXPS primarily because they had the bike I wanted in stock and they answered promptly and spoke politley when I called. I ordered on line. The bike was shipped well within the lead time advertised. They answered my questions via chat and via phone while I waited for shipment. I tested their service support with an email and received an accurate response the following day. The bike was delivered last Friday afternoon via SAIA. It was a 2021 TBR7D White with Black rims as ordered. No shipping damage to carton, shipping frame or pallet detected. I spent time going through all the parts Sat & Sun and have no damaged or missing parts as yet. This is my 1st bike so, something bad could be staring me in the face & I wouldn't necessarily see it.
Again, I'm one data point. Maybe my experience is unique, maybe not. The opportunity for post sale service has not come as yet. I did file for my MCO this morning. We'll see how long it takes it to arrive so I can go to DMV in Wiscsonsin. I'm pro nor con TXPS just giving back to the forum I've been mining knowledge from.

Old 02-14-2022, 10:42 AM   #4

I like that White on black combo. Nice. My son and I began with the assembly a few weeks ago, but have not finished. So far, the only thing I have noticed on fitment is that the rack doesn't align well at all. The 4 holes that are supposed to go into the recessed bolt holes are badly misaligned. The welding was done without a jig to hold the mounting cylinders in place. I'd be interested in your experience with the rack. Other than that, everything is fine so far.

Old 02-14-2022, 12:28 PM   #5

The rack went on mine just fine. Every thing lined up. I belive I used (4) of the ex key button head screws & (4) metal flat washers with o.d. slightly larger than screw head. I stood back and eyed the alignment to centerline of bike. Sitt'n in the back of a pickup going by at 60, it'l look just fine.Hey, what are the. small rubber washers for?

Old 02-14-2022, 01:15 PM   #6

You can loosen the bolts on the hand rails and they should move enough to get the rack on.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 02-14-2022, 01:47 PM   #7

TXtaorider, can you share any insight into the hardware package? I was going by process of elimination. Is there an exact number of correct hardware or is this a generic package for a variety of models? Little rubber washers.... I haven't found a use or place for yet.

Old 02-14-2022, 02:04 PM   #8

Rubber goes under the washers on the plastic panels. Put red locktite on every bolt on the bike.
To whoever stole my anti-depressants.
I Hope Your Happy !

Old 02-17-2022, 12:05 PM   #9

Use the assembly guide!!! Https://tbr7.com/assembly

Old 02-21-2022, 08:28 PM   #10

Check that clutch!

Old 02-21-2022, 09:44 PM   #11

Hello get new carburetor jets, going to need.

Old 02-25-2022, 08:50 AM   #12

I've been gathering up the things needed to keep going on the assembly and it's been showing up in the mail via Amazon over the past week. Wife is getting angry cause the dishwasher doesn't work and I'm giving the credit card a work out.
(carb jets, Motor oil, fork oil, brake fluid, bike stand, front & rear sprockets, & vacuum brake bleeder). Picked up a couple NGK plugs @ the Autozone. I'm looking forward to making some good progress over the weekend and maybe getting to a first start.
I've been following Megadan's guide and TBR7.com assembly guide. I want to double check what I've done with the clutch adjustment but so far, so good with everything else mechanical. I pulled a hunk of paint off one of my body panels when removing decals. That's a disappointing eye sore. I didn't realize the White was painted. Thought White was molded color then painted Green or Blue. I was wrong.

Old 02-25-2022, 12:29 PM   #13

Remember to adjust the valves. They will be too tight and can cause problems starting ,idle ect. It is even possible if way too tight hitting the piston.
To whoever stole my anti-depressants.
I Hope Your Happy !

Old 02-25-2022, 04:59 PM   #14

Hi no spark mine is white plastic not painted, thats strange. Thats why i bought white,didn't want a painted one.

Old 02-25-2022, 05:01 PM   #15

Just set my valves today 1300 miles, and they were tight. But it always started great,check em.