I'm running a pz19. Main 78, pilot 36.
Polini foam filter
Kemimoto muffler
Venom exhaust
Tusk foot shifter
Kemimoto fender delete and rear blinkers
Aftermarket mirrors

To do:
Shorty levers (Gen 1 clone but my clutch lever needs to be 8mm at the tab to fit my perch)
New grips

Old 09-27-2021, 10:26 PM   #2

I did not realize that your bike is essentially a 50cc 'Grom like vehicle' (I coined that term, or GLV). I thought it was a 3/4 scale 'standard' style bike with a 50cc engine.

It looks and sounds great! Does it qualify as a 'moped' or 'scooter' based on engine size?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-28-2021, 06:03 AM   #3

It is the same size as a Grom. 4 speed manual.

It does look awesome, thank you. I think the idle is a tad high. Work in progress.

I'm so glad I found one on FB marketplace. I love this thing. I also have a white xpro 125cc vader that is due for a tune up. I'm staying cautious with this one because I don't my motorcycle license just yet.

Technically it's a motorcycle. It can go over 35mph. In Georgia if you can go over 35mph and be on a faster road they will consider you a motorcycle. The 50cc limit makes it a moped here, but factor in speed and it can change.

Old 09-28-2021, 07:57 AM   #4

What part of Ga are you in? I see a lot of these 50cc scooters holding up traffic on 45 mph roads out here. But they're still doing about 40. lol.

Old 09-28-2021, 09:05 AM   #5

I'm in SW Atlanta. I stick to the 35mph roads and go 43tops on them. This bike is perfect for a ride through the downtowns near me.

Old 09-28-2021, 03:07 PM   #6

Nice. If I didn't live out in the sticks, is have looked into one of those too. But, I'd have also swapped in a cbr300 engine later on. Lol. Let us know when you're ready to do a 125 or 140 swap. Engines are cheap.

Old 09-28-2021, 04:44 PM   #7

I might put a Lifan 125 in. It's hard to give up the 50cc option for riding with my girl. I have a 2 stroke Tomos 50cc so there's that.. but it's sitting right now.. need a little touch up.

I have a BD125-10 as well. Once some parts arrive to fix a gap in the exhaust, I have all the parts to clean up the motor and delete egr.

I do like the idea of trading that for an Icebear Champion

Old 09-29-2021, 02:03 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4T_Goblin View Post

I do like the idea of trading that for an Icebear Champion
Amigo Motorsports are selling the Skyteam CT70 replica once again to compete with the Icebear. However, their site is still only showing the Znen scooter lineup. They have a Grom Like Vehicle in 125cc as well, but also don't show it on their site (they show their vehicles on their FB page, but like many brands' FB pages, they don't always answer questions.

The reason I bring up the Amigo Rocky 125 (CT70 replica) is that it is a 4 speed manual transmission vs. semi-manual of the Icebear if you would prefer a full manual transmission. Some people like the semi, and the nice thing is both brands are decent quality.

Not that it necessarily matters for you in Georgia, but it is also California CARB legal and can be registered in California for the streets.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-29-2021, 02:03 PM   #9

Their GLV in green looks awesome haha

That Rocky looks good too. Looking like it's $1600 just yet. I'm going to run out of space in my yard

Old 09-29-2021, 09:14 PM   #10

Quote:
Their GLV in green looks awesome haha

That Rocky looks good too. Looking like it's $1600 just yet. I'm going to run out of space in my yard
The Champion 125 is great if you don't want to deal with a clutch. I understand both manual and semi-autos were available on the original Honda bikes, so the replicas really are true to form.

I like the Rocky because of the manual transmission, but I wouldn't complain about a Champion, either.

The Morro 125 does look good in green, but I do kind of like the idea of the Morro 150 which is essentially a 150cc scooter engine in a GLV-ish bike. Not sure why I like the idea of a manual CT clone, but an automatic mini.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-30-2021, 10:08 AM   #11

The Champions seem easy to deal with but I wouldn't be happy unless it could cruise at 45 or 50.
I like it in white and how simple it looks without fairings.
I think I would prefer the Rocky.

Yeah maybe the 150 automatic but clutching minis is too much fun.

The green is the closest to a benelli look. The benelli looks really good.

It's too bad they change so often because I want one of each.

Old 09-30-2021, 09:05 PM   #12

Quote:
The Champions seem easy to deal with but I wouldn't be happy unless it could cruise at 45 or 50.
I like it in white and how simple it looks without fairings.
I think I would prefer the Rocky.

Yeah maybe the 150 automatic but clutching minis is too much fun.

The green is the closest to a benelli look. The benelli looks really good.

It's too bad they change so often because I want one of each.
The Champion should be able to cruise at 50 to 55. I do not know if the Amigo's stock carb is better, but I have seen posts that the Champion is so-so (but still allows for 50-55 cruising). The one thing I do like over the Amigo is the 'Champion' logo. I like how they made it nostalgic like the 70s Hondas. Otherwise, there are a whole slew of warning stickers on the bike which should probably be removed. I do appreciate a lot of owners are de-stickering the bike and purchasing Honda stickers and making their Champion (will probably see the same with the Amigo once more are in owners' garages) look like a restored CT70.

Yes, that green is very sharp!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 10-01-2021, 09:43 AM   #13

For sure... the Champion logo looks good. It sets it apart from the rest. It's hard to decide between the semi and the clutch.. no idea how I'll be feeling later on.

I think they opened a warehouse in Florida, and if so, that would make these more accessible to me lol.

I would love to see the Amigos in person... it's a shame it's hard to find these in person that isn't some random highway dealer.

I thought about putting off road on the Vader but the champion type just looks better equipped for that. No fairings screams trails.. however... those tiny wheels got me hesitating lol

Old 10-01-2021, 02:14 PM   #14

Here is a video showing the capability of the Champion offroad. There are other videos, as well. There are aftermarket knobby tires made for the original CT70s that will fit the Champion's wheels. You might want to alter the front fender as the stock position sits right above the tire. If you see photos of the original bikes, the fender was a few inches above the tire. There are people who have re-mounted their Champion fender to look 'old school.' The original bikes were meant for dirt road riding, and getting to out of the way fishing spots, so this video is pretty much what the original ones did.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 10-01-2021, 07:34 PM   #15

That looks like a great time.

There's a chap on the Clone Army with a nice Champion build. He's selling me on it. But that's in the future.